Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Model Mayhem VII

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/1/2017 at 5:20 PM, Ginx snewx said:

north of the Pike might have a lR shot but down here, not looking so hot. Maybe 3-4 th week is the time to watch for a transiet block that Miller Bs Ray North

On 3/2/2017 at 8:47 AM, Ginx snewx said:

snowmaking tonight and just get us the cold, it will snow up there. I don't ski glades anymore I know many do but the powder hounds already had there best skiing already

32390988113_f222dea8a7_b.jpg

On 3/2/2017 at 9:24 AM, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I will disagree with you and Steve on this. We arent done if Snow88s magical blocking appears. 

One ski on for the resorts, almost left us (his CT children) out to dry down here fending for ourselves. 

2 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Girl Scout crew has an overnight event in Providence Saturday night....we're supposed to caravan east from WeHa leaving at 4pm.....thoughts?

Glad I'm not taking a crew of Girl Scouts form WeHa to Providence Saturday night.  If it snows, it will take you longer to get there. If it doesn't snow, you still  have to drive a bunch of Girl Scouts from WeHa to Providence and back.

I'm wondering if the convective paramterization of the mesos has been giving the NAM and RGEM a distinct advantage as we work our way into spring. These large cut-off lows --one being the blizzard, and to a lesser extent this upcoming system--are also somewhat spring-like in nature  (cut-off season). It's just a thought but this could help to explain the relative outperformance of the rgem and nam against the globals leading up to the blizzard. It will be interesting to see if the mesos win again here. Either way, I suspect they may have far more utility in this setup than we normally give them credit for.

10 minutes ago, NECT said:

Glad I'm not taking a crew of Girl Scouts form WeHa to Providence Saturday night.  If it snows, it will take you longer to get there. If it doesn't snow, you still  have to drive a bunch of Girl Scouts from WeHa to Providence and back.

Lol.....true....I'm helping to transport them but staying in hotel with son.....forget about it.....

Would love to get in on an INVT since I'll be in the right spot.....usually those snows don't make it back to central CT.....right?

31 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Your point Dexter? I on March 1st didn't like the 2 week pattern.  Link me to the magical blocking though.

It vanished like a Chris Angel show in Vegas. No debate there. If it held on longer, you'd still be shoveling tunnels for the pups over the weekend. 

Look, I josh and tease. Most of us won but overall a bit dissapointed with wasting cold. This weekend is hanging on at the cliff with one finger for most outside of the cape and immediate coast. NOW is the time to head north for late season carving. 

13 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Starting to get a little impressed with this setup aloft, these mesos are pretty vigorously winding up at long range. Something to watch, the setup is interesting from NYC to Boston 

rgem looks like it will be better, the ull is diggy and less proggy. Should get more lift sooner, need you to hack into it though and pull up the top secret 84hr version.

Archived