Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Model Mayhem VII

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Because dry humping models that show snow  for your backyard is a win? when it just shat the bed with major leakage. My bad, I forgot this is model mayhem and not neccesarily a logical discussion of how we interpret said models. Carry on then. 

His post was actually a logical interpretation of what the model was showing. :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think its coming, but unlike last event, there will be limit to how far west...and it may very well tick back east late in game.

UK looked crazy?No....lol.

Yea, west zones need alot more earlier diggin, which can happen....but it can also be overdone and correct itself. It's back to climo again, e sne looking good. 

55 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The April 1987 storm gave 17" to ORH while 25" fell in Princeton. I have a map I made of that storm on my home computer...I'll pull it up later. 

This storm actually does have the same kind of H5 look but obviously you need the clean organized moisture injection to have prolific amounts like '87. We're not in the same ballpark in even entertaining those yet. 

That's all I was really after in making the comparison .. It was done so to hone attention to dynamics and how/why we should discount that look .. If we can work with that on 28, April, ...we prooobably can in March - just a hunch. 

But yes ...the other parameters may or may not leave something to be desired -

Perhaps some on this thread might do well with a little anger management course. It's fun to play the model game and even to invest a LITTLE bit of emotion (caps pun intended) into it. But, really, it isn't necessary to smash people in the face. Save that for our esteemed politicians (Republodyte and Dimmyrat, alike); they've earned it. Dudes and dudettes on this board shouldn't be subject to personal slams (or dish them out, either) Just sayin.

2 hours ago, weathafella said:

I thought the weekend system most resembled 3/17-19, 1956.  I remember some incredible drifts with that one.

Two feet in NNJ, zilch for the foothills in the 18-19 storm.  Saw some runs with central Maine getting near warning-criteria snow for the weekend (unless it's 7:1 like yesterday), but many changes between here and there.

28 minutes ago, J Paul Gordon said:

Perhaps some on this thread might do well with a little anger management course. It's fun to play the model game and even to invest a LITTLE bit of emotion (caps pun intended) into it. But, really, it isn't necessary to smash people in the face. Save that for our esteemed politicians (Republodyte and Dimmyrat, alike); they've earned it. Dudes and dudettes on this board shouldn't be subject to personal slams (or dish them out, either) Just sayin.

That would be uber boring and besides, it is all in good fun. If anyone takes words on here seriously, they probably should step away from the internet....it is a cruel place but being affected by it, is a cause for concern in itself.

Euro, meh. 

Euro is digging things a bit more and also actually partially phasing the backside of today's upper low into the trough...so it ends up a little too positively tilted, but that's plenty correctable with 3-4 days to go. It does give us some snow, but more like the 1-3 nuisance variety.

3 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Lol not really. BOS got less than anticipated. And deform set up father West.

Yeah the last storm def trended west...no doubt about it. Some of the mesos maybe got a last little tick to the east at the end inside of12-18 hours...so that places like ORH didn't end up mixing, but the overall trend from like 48 hours out was definitely west.

Archived