Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Model Mayhem VII

Typhoon Tip

23 hours ago, Whineminster said:

I feel even on Jan 1 Tippy starts saying the teleconnectors are showing spring, it's ok if you don't like snow, you can say it we won't judge

Ha!

Nah... some folks are just hypersensitive and [apparently] incapable of discussing weather and climate on both sides of 32 F

I also went out of my way to say that the system for this next weekend and the one mid next week are still on the table; it was afterward.    The tele's may have shifted since I made those comments the other days - that's entirely possible  I haven't checked.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Would be nice if some of the areas that got screwed in this storm picked up some more. Getting late in season to ask that, but possible. 

And H7 actually closes off and slides to our east, while vertically stacking, so we deform and not Binghamton this time...

6 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I want a storm for the coastline, not another storm that tracks inland.  This was a boring storm other than the 60-75mph winds that occurred.

Don't get your hopes up giver that we are mid way thru March and snowstorms on the elbow of the Cape are rare this time of year.

5 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I want a storm for the coastline, not another storm that tracks inland.  This was a boring storm other than the 60-75mph winds that occurred.

You... along with everyone else in eastern SNE have been on a pretty damn good run the last 2-3 years.

Its hard to really complain about one storm that ended up screwing this area close in. It happens, usually much more than it has recently.

You average like 20" of snow a year for a reason 

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

You... along with everyone else in eastern SNE have been on a pretty damn good run the last 2-3 years.

Its hard to really complain about one storm that ended up screwing this area close in. It happens, usually much more than it has recently.

You average like 20" of snow a year for a reason 

Tis why the weenie tag has been pinned on his chest. Evey one of us "wants a storm here not there" lol. But its apparently not fair when the water, whos above snowfall ytd and two years removed from a 30" BECS, doesnt get it in mid march while ALB ,who hasnt seen a snowfall greater than 6" since 1980, does. 

23 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Tis why the weenie tag has been pinned on his chest. Evey one of us "wants a storm here not there" lol. But its apparently not fair when the water, whos above snowfall ytd and two years removed from a 30" BECS, doesnt get it in mid march while ALB ,who hasnt seen a snowfall greater than 6" since 1980, does. 

Yeah I mean.... everyone wants the storm to hit their backyard hard.... understandable.

The problem is, people have to know their climo... given the cape averages for snow... you could argue they've had it better than anyone, relatively speaking.

its mid march... it's getting very tough to get significant snow on the cape.

Am I pissed this storm sucked here today? Yes. Do I realize that is the reality of my location in mid march? Absolutely

8 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

King James doesn't realize he lives in the middle of the ocean.  Although 70mph winds sounds pretty awesome I'm not sure I've ever experienced that. 

I like that he tossed the 70 mph gusts aside so casually. Outside of a tropical system, I'm not sure I've seen that either. Even in the best MCSs that rolled through DVN. Plenty 60+ there, but 70 is something special. 

Archived