Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central Pa - March Monster 2017

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It has never stopped snowing here. It's super light but still snowing.

KMDT 19.3" put them at #7 in the top 10 & #2 for March all time, both 1.1" behind 1993.

The following chart shocked me when you consider that they measured 17" just today.

B4DF1E91-F2B8-48E3-B8B5-C0451535B8EA.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It really kind of sucks that I'll never know what Tamaqua truly got today as I wasn't home, and compaction probably skewed the numbers on the unofficial measuring device I made for the wife. She took a pic late afternoon and it was 17 inches. My friend down the street had 17 inches at 9:30 this morning. Hazleton got 24 and here in Bloomsburg we got 22. 

Thoughts on making it from elysburg to camphill tomorrow?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Major roads in Camp Hill are in good shape overall. I think it would depend more on the state of the roads in Elysburg. I'd give yourself a good 2 hours though.

Major roads in Camp Hill are in good shape overall. I think it would depend more on the state of the roads in Elysburg. I'd give yourself a good 2 hours though.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It looks like MDT corrected their numbers to show the 2.3" as falling before midnight and 14.7" falling since for a total of 17" and not 19.3"... They also have .17" liquid from 8 to 9 pm with no SNINCR to say any added accumulation

Haha, so they had 14.7" on 1.90 liquid equivalent, yet reported no sleet?

3 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Haha, so they had 14.7" on 1.90 liquid equivalent, yet reported no sleet?

If they clear what they use to measure the snow on only once daily I believe it - everything that fell this afternoon just offset what was lost to melting/compaction or we probably would have beaten 1993

If they clear what they use to measure the snow on only once daily I believe it - everything that fell this afternoon just offset what was lost to melting/compaction or we probably would have beaten 1993

No doubt, because there snow depth is 17". That makes last year's 30.2", assuming the same methods, even more crazy.

The final daily climate summary for MDT just posted at 305 am shows 17.0 inches of snow today with 1.73 QPF. So when you combine this with the 2.3 inches of snow with .23 QPF that was recorded by midnight yesterday, you get 19.3 inches of snow with 1.96 QPF.

This was a historic storm that hit the I-81 & Rt.11/15 corridor of CTP. It will make winter this year memorable for many of us.

1 hour ago, Superstorm said:

Al Roker calling out the Weather Prediction Center. The WPC knew on Monday that the heaviest snows would be away from coast and did not change because they wanted the people to still heed the warnings.

Al said they were just covering their butts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can understand their concern in some ways, but they should have disseminated some sort of information regarding the lesser threat.  I called for our local office to drop its warnings almost 24 hours before they did when it was clear there was no serious threat.  Instead all they did was drop an inch off the top (3-6" to 3-5"), which to me meant nothing.  We ended up with 0", for the record.

The final daily climate summary for MDT just posted at 305 am shows 17.0 inches of snow today with 1.73 QPF. So when you combine this with the 2.3 inches of snow with .23 QPF that was recorded by midnight yesterday, you get 19.3 inches of snow with 1.96 QPF.

This was a historic storm that hit the I-81 & Rt.11/15 corridor of CTP. It will make winter this year memorable for many of us.

Thank you for that information. I couldn't figure out what was going on with information they had up before it was finalized.

4 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

There's been a light steady snow here that keeps the current winter feel going.   I'm sure this will add to the blowing snow later 

yeah just saw CTP issued a winter weather adv. for snow showers and blowing/drifting this afternoon.  Winds to 45 MPH.

Oh boy...

Nut

Snowing again in Bloomsburg... :angry:

In a holding pattern. Under usual circumstances, we finish orientation today, get our trucks and load assignments, and head out. That doesn't look to be happening, and I'm not sure I want it to. Roads are still crap here, plus the blowing and drifting snow. I'd rather not start until roads and weather conditions improve.

It's boring though...

3 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I'm not sure if its stopped snowing since Monday evening lol

I can't to post this same exact thing.

A fresh coating already since 9 a.m.

Also im super excited to say a fron-end loader showed up and took care of the 7' wall of ice/snow blocking our alley (then cleared the alley to as much blacktop as possible). :thumbs up:

1 minute ago, canderson said:

I can't to post this same exact thing.

A fresh coating already since 9 a.m.

Also im super excited to say a fron-end loader showed up and took care of the 7' wall of ice/snow blocking our alley (then cleared the alley to as much blacktop as possible). :thumbs up:

Saved you big time

Archived