Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central Pa - March Monster 2017

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Well, the 2nd band has just arrived and I'm already in moderate snow that will be accumulating, now that the sun angle is lower.  Temp right at 30.0 degrees with breezy conditions.  Winds WNW at 14 gusting to 26 with a fair amount of blowing snow also.

It looks like this incoming band is pretty solid.

Hopefully it makes it to MDT to pad the stats!

10 minutes ago, canderson said:

That map i posted is actually wrong.

MDT is at 19.3" officially. 1.1" less than 1993's Superstorm.

Awesome!!!  You are right, I just watched ABC 27 6pm newscast & during the weather report he said they needed to update the graphic because there was 2.3 before midnight yesterday, to add to the 17 today recorded today, bringing the overall storm total to 19.3 inches! I checked CTP's website & that is what they show for the 2 day total as well.

The 19.3 today will rank # 8 all time at MDT. This will then place today's storm just one inch behind the Blizzard of 1993 & PD II in February of 2003 ! 

This latest snow band is producing moderate snow again for the last 39 minutes or so here in Marysville, & we are just getting into the decent radar returns that are coming through Perry, Cumberland & Adams county.

Can MDT make it to 20 inches ?

They only need .7 more inches. My car that cleaned off, has another good coating.

I'm not sure where those totals came from , but I can tell you that we got more than 8".  I measured around 730 am and had near 10" before too much compaction came.  we had several hours of sleet, and then got 1.5" in deformation bands at midday and this afternoon.  

We definitely stunk up the joint total wise, but it wasnt that bad.

Nut

11 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Anyone have an idea how snow removal is going in downtown Harrisburg? I work for the state and trying to figure out the chances we have off or a delay tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

From what I've seen it's pretty good all things considered. I'd expect a delay but not to be closed.

After several hours of light to moderate snowfall accompanied by extensive blowing of the snow (which made it impossible for me to accurately measure), I am adding 0.7" of new snow to my previous storm total, giving me 16.2" for the storm.  I will try to come up with a liquid equivalent estimate a little later this evening.

You had that much? Wow.  I knew you had more than I did up here, but I had no idea it was that long. I mixed at 5:30 and was back to all snow around 8. 

Went to bed once sleet started just before 5:00 am and struggled with it until 11:00.

Was on a good pace too....had 9" of snow by 5:00 am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Djr 

what did you finish with? 

I never cleared my board this morning so compacting this afternoon didn't push me any higher than 17"  -- deck had 20" which could have been a little bit from wind blowing snow off roof but I think it was more not having wet snow at the bottom that helped with the compacting  -- There looks to have been at least a half inch to inch of new snow since I was last out around 5 though.

36 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I remember last year where they had to turn city island's parking lots in 20 ft mountains of snow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They are doing it too. Front end loaders worked all day downtown removing snow.

HBG is a logistical nightmare for snow removal. People don't realize that.

2 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

After several hours of light to moderate snowfall accompanied by extensive blowing of the snow (which made it impossible for me to accurately measure), I am adding 0.7" of new snow to my previous storm total, giving me 16.2" for the storm.  I will try to come up with a liquid equivalent estimate a little later this evening.

We still have decent snow, everything is completely covered again

Just now, sauss06 said:

We still have decent snow, everything is completely covered again

and the way the wind has picked up its going to be near impossible to accurately measure anything additional now (winter weather advisory for the blowing and drifting snow)

Archived