• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central Pa - March Monster 2017

Snowing nicely. Deform band finally finally showed up. 

Gotta go out and work on snowmobile. Took for a test drive and crossed a covered bridge and saw a plow truck turning around  (35-40 yds or so) in sight of rear view mirror waiting for him to finish turning around. He decided to  backed right up to the bridge right into me. 

Not sure if I'm lucky or unlucky.  Scared the frick outta me.  I bailed before he hit. 

Said he never looked in his mirror. 

Ugh. 

Enjoy the snow. Time to wrench. 

Nut

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Gotta go out and work on snowmobile. Took for a test drive and crossed a covered bridge and saw a plow truck turning around  (35-40 yds or so) in sight of rear view mirror waiting for him to finish turning around. He decided to  backed right up to the bridge right into me. 

Not sure if I'm lucky or unlucky.  Scared the frick outta me.  I bailed before he hit. 

Ugh. 

Nut

Yikes! 

The next plow I see will be the first. City livin'. 

Ok...the band has finally kicked in with steady light snow.  Nothing major, but maybe enough to accumulate a tiny bit.  I just cleared my board (6 hours) and melted down the precip.  The accumulation during the 6 hours from 7:30am to 1:30pm was 2.7".  The liquid equivalent of that snowfall was 0.25" producing a period ratio of 11:1.  For the entire event the liquid is now standing at 1.23" for 15.2" of snowfall giving a storm ratio of 12.4 : 1, so a solid 12:1 ratio for the storm overall.

I can't remember what the models were projecting for total liquid, but I think it was around 1.50 to 1.75 inches, so a little underdone on total liquid here it would seem.

Temp has dropped in the snow now back down below freezing to 31.4 degrees.  Let's see if we can get any additional accumulations going this afternoon / evening.

Very interesting...I don't see how they could possibly have less than 18" if you accept a 10:1 ratio, which would be low.

They did somehow manage to only record 0.20" a few days ago whenever everyone around them had recorded at least an inch or two; so who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 minute ago, Jns2183 said:

I'm interested in KMDT updated snow total as they had 1.82" of liquid as of 1:00 PM

Well with Carlisle's 12:1 ratio and my 11:1 ration (both slightly higher as mathematically I was at 11.4:1 and Carlisle was at 12.4:1), but we will go with 11.5:1 at 1.82" would put them at 20.9"...I'd bet the under for KMDT!  I'd even bet the under at 18.2" at strictly a 10:1 ratio.  My buddy likes to tell me it is most definitely a "TMI Effect"!  

5 minutes ago, canderson said:

This band is quite nice. 

IMG_1013.png

We're both in that band, but you're dead smack in the middle of it where it appears to be the most intense.  You should be accumulating at 1"/hr rates I would say at least. 

Here, the flakes have picked up in size over the last 10 minutes and I think I'm beginning to accumulate a tiny bit with a dusting now on my board.  You're going to hold on to this band for a while it looks like, but I'm probably going to go out of it within the next 30 minutes or so.  Enjoy!

Well with Carlisle's 12:1 ratio and my 11:1 ration (both slightly higher as mathematically I was at 11.4:1 and Carlisle was at 12.4:1), but we will go with 11.5:1 at 1.82" would put them at 20.9"...I'd bet the under for KMDT!  I'd even bet the under at 18.2" at strictly a 10:1 ratio.  My buddy likes to tell me it is most definitely a "TMI Effect"!  

I'm fully expecting a 15" amount to come out there. I'll be shocked if they come in with even a 17" amount.

42 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Ugh. 

Nut

snowmobile vs plow truck.  let me guess who won that battle.  hope not too much damage.  after the way the past 2 years have been you need to be able to ride this one.

2 minutes ago, kdskidoo said:

snowmobile vs plow truck.  let me guess who won that battle.  hope not too much damage.  after the way the past 2 years have been you need to be able to ride this one.

Oh yeah, nut, I forgot to wish you the best over your near collision.  Hope your snowmobile wasn't damaged!!  But, better it than you!

Archived