Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central Pa - March Monster 2017

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

Same here. And man is there bitterness over in the Philly thread. It's no wonder mets hardly if ever post there anymore. Couple of guys are lighting them up. 

Wow, you're right about the Philly thread.  There might be a mob showing up at Mount Holly's door soon.  Horst nailed it saying the sleet intrusion is usually more than modeled.

Just now, maytownpawx said:

Same here. And man is there bitterness over in the Philly thread. It's no wonder mets hardly if ever post there anymore. Couple of guys are lighting them up. 

yeah, i stay out of there.  MA thread can be testy enough. 

Nut

Wife called and told me that my nephew measured 10 inches in Tamaqua. 

I wish I could upload pics from my phone, but the files are too big.  Here on Bloomsburg we have nearly whiteout conditions with the heavy snow and the increasing wind. Looks to be around 10 inches here as well as the snow is up to the bottom of my lifted Jeep.

20 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

philly is an MA is ok.  I'm happy right here.  How much you up to?

just measured 10.5" on the picnic table.  I don't get into all the fancy snow boards and cleaning them off every hour.  I'm liking my call for my area I made on Sunday of 18"-24".  I don't think we'll make the 24" storm's moving too fast, but 18" is definitely likely.  I was really hoping this was going to be a 30"er.  the NAM kept spitting out insane numbers right around my area and then the euro joined in, but I kinda thought that was overdone.  

I stay away from all the subforums except this one and the MA.  I like most of the MA guys.  alot of level headed, good posters in there.  all the NY guys do is fight and argue.

As of 8:00 AM here in Carlisle I just measured 12.5" of snow...which has fallen in just the past 9 hours.  I melted it down and cleared my board and got 0.98" of liquid....so roughly 12:1 ratio for the event so far.  It is snowing very heavily at over 2"/hour right now.  Looks just like the Jan blizzard from last year.

Temp at 29.0 degrees.

Archived