Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central Pa - March Monster 2017

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Valley Green, northern York County:  5am 8.5" with 0.74" Liquid Equivalent.  No sleet as of this time here...yet.  Reminder to those folks who did not experience March 1993 system, but sleet, thunder/lightning, was observed during the height of that storm and New Cumberland at the time still managed 20"+!  Enjoy the day and marvel at the awesomeness of mother nature.

You all snow there?

Snow/sleet here but sleet is busting up the flakes.  More like snow dust....lol

It's all snow. The flakes are pretty normal size, maybe a bit small, but they pile up quick. I was out shoveling and within 15-20 minutes there was about 1/2" of snow.

What's weird is the radar returns over the past 2-3 hours overhead haven't looked that great from CTP radar, a bit better at times from Sterlings but still nothing special.

I went out to a n open field to double check, but the average of 10 measurements had me at 9" as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 minute ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Heavy snow here in Marysville.

The pivot on the radar is a thing of beauty with banding setting up from southeast to northwest. Precip is still stretching all the way down to South Carolina.

Top 10 storm total on the way!

Much deserved for you, I'm glad to see your eternal optimism get rewarded. 

Saw this WPC discussion, might bode well for you guys further inland in central PA:

06Z SURFACE ANALYSIS OF THE DEVELOPING COASTAL LOW WAS OVER EASTERN NC... WHICH IS WELL WEST OF THE BULK OF THE GUIDANCE FROM 24 HRS AGO AND REMAINS JUST WEST OF THE 00Z CYCLE OF MODELS. THIS WESTWARD SHIFT IN THE INITIAL TRACK OF THE STORM MEANS A TREMENDOUS ATLANTIC SURGE OF MOISTURE/WARM AIR AND MAJOR PTYPE VARITIES OVER THE MID-ATL REGION. THUS TREMENDOUS WIDESPREAD BRIGHT BANDING HAS SHOWN UP ON RADAR TRANSITIONING THE EVENT NEAR THE DELMARVA FROM A SNOW EVENT TO MORE OF A SLEET STORM WITH SNOW FARTHER INLAND AND NORTH AND WEST. THUS AS THE INTENSIFYING LOW DRIVES UP THE COAST... HOW WILL THIS IMPACT THE REST OF I95 CORRIDOR FROM PHL TO BOS. THE FORECAST CONFIDENCE IS SHIFTING TOWARDS WIDESPREAD MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOWS TO PORTIONS OF THE INTERIOR AND A BRUSH FOR THE MAJOR MARKETS.

Archived