Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central Pa - March Monster 2017

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like all snow here and very heavy at the moment.  Flake size appears normal.  It seems just before sleet changeover, the flake size gets big as the core melts and gets sticky and several flakes stick together.

At any rate, just a stupid amount of moisture getting drawn into this thing.  My point and click says 9-13 overnight and an additional 9-13 during the day.  And thundersnow was mentioned.  Keeping fingers crossed for that.

Just now, Festus said:

Looks like all snow here and very heavy at the moment.  Flake size appears normal.  It seems just before sleet changeover, the flake size gets big as the core melts and gets sticky and several flakes stick together.

At any rate, just a stupid amount of moisture getting drawn into this thing.  My point and click says 9-13 overnight and an additional 9-13 during the day.  And thundersnow was mentioned.  Keeping fingers crossed for that.

NWS just updated at 4:27   15-25 for us. :):) .  Pingers definitely mixin in and busting up aggregates right now.

Nut

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

NWS just updated at 4:27   15-25 for us. :):) 

Nut

If we get more than 18", that would make it the biggest March snow on record down this way, eclipsing March '93.  Didn't we have quite a bit of sleet with that one?

Reports from our south - FDK was all sleet for a time, flakes are now mixing back in. Don't know what that implies for us, but it can't be a bad thing. 

Watching dual pol I do see the mix line getting beaten down in eastern Adams & western York counties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Festus said:

If we get more than 18", that would make it the biggest March snow on record down this way, eclipsing March '93.  Didn't we have quite a bit of sleet with that one?

yes we did but we had more than 18" if memory serves.  I thought 22"??  Dont remember though.  

Nut

3 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Watching dual pol I do see the mix line getting beaten down in eastern Adams & western York counties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really was getting beaten back but in just the past few minutes it has surged north. Looks like it's crossing Rt. 30, about 4 miles south of me now. 

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

yes we did but we had more than 18" if memory serves.  I thought 22"??

Nut

I'm using the Lancasteronline article which shows 18".  Not sure if Lancaster has an "official" measurement site like other counties. 

Just now, maytownpawx said:

It really was getting beaten back but in just the past few minutes it has surged north. Looks like it's crossing Rt. 30, about 4 miles south of me now. 

you can see the pivot of the flow happening right now on radar.  I'm guessing us "pingers" dont ping for much longer.

Nut

And up since I couldnt fall back asleep. Im eyeballing about 6in in Camp Hill. going to have to make the call here as to whether to even attempt making it into work (stupid bosses) in the next hour or two. Leaning every heavily to "the hell with that" mode

Archived