Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central Pa - March Monster 2017

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we are getting hammered. I have 4 inches right now and I have not recalled seeing heavier snow in quite some time. Visibility is about 800 feet and I can only see that far because of the lights on the building. 

There looks like a phone line is about to snap in front of my house. I can see the gap  in the wire. I am going to reprot it to the PD and let them decide....

28ºF and moderate rates. Flakes have been the smaller variety with that really heavy stuff residing just to the east. 2.5" on the ground making an average of 1.25"/hr for the first 2 hours of the event. 

Been noticing PBZ radar has been slowly starting to finally fill in it's radar as is CCX radar, so hopefully the rest of the region gets into things soon.

35 minutes ago, AlleghanyBlade said:

Hey MAG I checked my board at 2am  and have 2.4" which is exactly what the 0z  NAM 4km has for us now and it's showing us getting over 17" total.  Do you think that's likely?

It's going to highly depend on this heavy band just to our east I think. If it eventually pushes or builds back we might rack things up pretty easily and that number may be attainable with good ratios. The band seems pretty stable where it's at right now so we'll see. I think at least 6-10 is attainable. Blair County seems to be pretty established in the main precip shield so at least there's that. Radar looks to be starting to backfill as I mentioned a bit ago so I think we'll remain in steady snow for awhile. 

13 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Impressed with intensity it has been snowing here. What time to we wrap up Mag...7 or 8 am?

For you def not that early. Plus that heavy snow band is starting to line up with IPT, so you stand to get hit hard for awhile. 

just rolled out of the tent into about 5-6 inches of powder. Sounded a lot crispier falling hard onto the tent and big slabs of snow kept sliding off and waking the dogs.  Taking a warm up break. The snow plows on the bridge sound like jet planes - wish I was in the forest.

6 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Any reports from York, Lancaster areas?    The CC radar mode shows the mix line from Frederick to just south of Hanover.  

Some decent pinging within the last 15 minutes in east prospect, 3 miles south of wrightsville. Still dumping in general. Now back to mostly snow with occasional pellets.

Archived