Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central Pa - March Monster 2017

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Blizzard of 93 said:

Rate & flake size are picking up here.

Im getting better rates, then it waines.  starting to see the wind pick up, so I'm thinking we are about to get into the more dyamic stuff.

this is fun.  Im officially not discounting March until further notice as a winter month....no matter what happens prior.  Nice stretch of winter coming up.

Nut

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

Im getting better rates, then it waines.  starting to see the wind pick up, so I'm thinking we are about to get into the more dyamic stuff.

this is fun.  Im officially not discounting March until further notice as a winter month....no matter what happens prior.  Nice stretch of winter coming up.

Nut

it will pick up as the MA forum is seeing some tremendous rates. That is all moving up to us.

5 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Nut

and this right now is with the low down in the Carolinas

The GFS is beautiful for the LSV.

The QPF is 1.8, which of course shows as 18 inches of snow at a 10 to 1 ratio, however the Kuchera ratio is showing tremendous rate of almost 20 to 1, because it is showing through 6z tomorrow night, 34 inches at MDT.

If that somehow verifies, say hello to #1 all time storm at MDT !!!

1 minute ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The GFS is beautiful for the LSV.

The QPF is 1.8, which of course shows as 18 inches of snow at a 10 to 1 ratio, however the Kuchera ratio is showing tremendous rate of almost 20 to 1, because it is showing through 6z tomorrow night, 34 inches at MDT.

If that somehow verifies, say hello to #1 all time storm at MDT !!!

That would be insane, but I can see that happening just looking at radar trends.

Snowing the heaviest rate of the storm now with a good moderate rate.  At midnight measured 1.0" of snowfall.  Temp down to 27.9 degrees.  Streets / sidewalks now all white as well.  I think the MA crew around DC are getting a surprise with heavy snow.  Friend told me the forecast had been lowered all the way down to only an inch there?  Hard to believe.  They'll have to start re-upping the amounts there soon...lol.

4 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

There is heavy precip stretching all the way down to the gulf coast of Florida. There is heavy precip feeding in from off the Atlantic along with the precip building in from the old Midwest low. Here we go!

This may not be an official triple phaser but it looks like it from the sources we are getting SN+ Crazy.

Archived