Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Blizzard of the Ides, 2017 ...observation time

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, eyewall said:

Hahah well I was mentioning it this time because someone said they reported over 24 which can't be since they had 17.8 at 4am or so and I never saw an update after that . Anyway with the drifting it is all best estimates. The plow walls are huge and we are buried.

Well you ended your streak with a bang the last two big storms.  Good way to end the scarring. Enjoy it man.

I thought this was an interesting article talking about how the NWS knew that the high totals were bogus by Monday afternoon, but decided to keep them.  What makes this more interesting to me is how most of those on this site, and in the know were pretty much calling out the higher totals as b.s., especially balking at the predicted qpf numbers.  If anything this is more kudos to the knowledge and weather intelligence by the people of this forum.

The justification is interesting:

Carbin said a last-minute change downgrading snowfall totals might have given people the wrong message that the storm was no longer a threat. It still was, but real danger was from ice and sleet in places like New York City and Washington, he said.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_SCI_WINTER_WEATHER_FORECAST?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-03-14-17-17-34

43 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

You will accept your 2 feet and you will like it!  You are so emotionally scarred after the last 2 years.  

Hahah you are damn right I will. It is amazing and still snowing. 

Quick instagram with more pics later once I can get around a bit:

17352430_10104144294093329_3765783880887

Archived