joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Blizzard of the Ides, 2017 ...observation time

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decent March storm, loved the big wet flakes when those were happening. We flipped way early to sleet though, so no expecting BOS to end up with anything over 10" when it's all said and done (I feel like the official number will be around 8"). 

Looked amazing out in PA/NY/VT though, what a beast! 

29 minutes ago, ThatGirlWhoSkis said:

No, went to Kmart because I have a pass there (I'm cheap). But honestly LOVE Magic and if I could afford a pass there I would buy one and split my skiing between the 2. Magic should do very very well from this. But from what I hear-and what I saw- K is in the jackpot zone. Tomorrow will be GOOD

Any idea how Okemo is doing?  Planning on Okemo and Pico this weekend.

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Just had bark ripped off a tree. The house is shaking. The coop is about to blow away. Recorded my strongest wind gust ever here with an anemometer that needs new bearings...49mph. It probably was 60+ with an accurate anny and proper siting. 

Jesus H another gust to 47mph

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Ryan just did a core sample on his 12.5" and came up with 1.98"

Models did not miss the qpf 

Not sure home much fell here but there was 0.00" reporting from the snow and 1.85" of rain.  So it was easily over 2" of QPF here.

https://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KTAN/2017/03/14/DailyHistory.html?req_city=Taunton Municipal&req_state=MA&reqdb.zip=02718&reqdb.magic=3&reqdb.wmo=99999

29 minutes ago, ThatGirlWhoSkis said:

No, went to Kmart because I have a pass there (I'm cheap). But honestly LOVE Magic and if I could afford a pass there I would buy one and split my skiing between the 2. Magic should do very very well from this. But from what I hear-and what I saw- K is in the jackpot zone. Tomorrow will be GOOD

Berkshire East was very snowy and ropes were nowhere in sight but you didn't want to dig in the edges too hard.  Point em and float.

Kmart should be very good indeed tomorrow, might well be worth the trip. 

35 minutes ago, ThatGirlWhoSkis said:

About 16" down at Magic, just skinned and hit it. Serious wind drift stuff though. Bare spots then a 3' drift. Pico Thursday should be nuts. Hoping this 2" per hour stuff keeps up late into the night.

13 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Just had bark ripped off a tree. The house is shaking. The coop is about to blow away. Recorded my strongest wind gust ever here with an anemometer that needs new bearings...49mph. It probably was 60+ with an accurate anny and proper siting. 

Congrats!!!

I just cranked the heat in here because lights started flickering. 

15 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Wow did you verify blizzard?

Not used to windy storms here, made for better coverage in the woods, which I quickly walked out of after a big gust. 

About a foot here but tromping through the yard and woods the snow was definitely well over my Sorrels in places.

With a foot of snow I have no right to complain about a bust, I guess.  ; )

Archived