Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Blizzard of the Ides, 2017 ...observation time

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Warm conveyor belts. In and out. Good luck Noyes. We were low for the area too. Working out well. 

I told everyone at work 8-12 for Boston and they all said "but we heard 18"!!"...I told them not to buy the hype.

2 minutes ago, SR Airglow said:

Looks like it for CT at least. I think we all fell for the crazy numbers a bit because every single model had them, even the models that usually don't go overboard. Nice job Paul on your forecast - I think you may have been right for a bit of the wrong reason, but you stuck to your guns and should be the only one to not bust in the state as a result. We won't go down in flames like some will, but I'm not happy with our forecast.

Thanks and yeah I agree...definitely right for some of the wrong reasons.  These systems are so complex and there is so much involved they're very difficult to really get so specific b/c everything comes down to mesoscale features and nowcasting.  Always tough to discount any solution, especially when there is still spread/uncertainties/disagreement within 24-hours.

Lets just get those yellows through metro BOS as snow/not heavy rain at least and then bring on the dry slot! Have not measured but probably in the neighborhood of 10" in Randolph. Not bad for March.

A little more snow mixing back in now. Let's see if we can pick up a little more.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, sbos_wx said:

I think the snow is about to intensify toward BOS in the next 30 mins

If there's good omega in that heavier stuff to the south, BOS should be able to rip for a while longer...the true melting line is still struggling to gain latitude south of the city:

Mar14_2017_220pmRadar.gif

My sister in Binghamton looks like they are getting the pivot point.

She said they've got the National Guard on the way and the state pulled resources from BGM to NYC to help with snow removal in the city...but now they need them all back up in BGM.

Roads haven't been plowed since this morning apparently.

51120743486__28CF0F0F-ED34-4C4D-9DE4-B1A

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

My sister in Binghamton looks like they are getting the pivot point.

She said they've got the National Guard on the way and the state pulled resources from BGM to NYC to help with snow removal in the city...but now they need them all back up in BGM.

Roads haven't been plowed since this morning apparently.

51120743486__28CF0F0F-ED34-4C4D-9DE4-B1A

Nice.  Less wind to reduce flake destruction as well?

This def has the feel of a big powerful Nor' Easter...old school. Reminds me of the March 1994 storm in a few ways with the big deformation out in NY State but a really nice WCB slamming into SNE....I remember getting about 12-13" from that but with high winds like today's storm is giving.

Archived