Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Blizzard of the Ides, 2017 ...observation time

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Snowbelt said:

Seems very plausible, I'm at ~8 in Pepperell.

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I just measured 10" on our front porch, but I am not counting that as it might be wind/roof aided.   But man this is nice stuff.  I don't think I hit my 18" call though.  

Alright then I think my 9'' is fine. 

5 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

Looks like the sleet line is creeping close. Snow over by 3pm prob. 

Lets just get those yellows through metro BOS as snow/not heavy rain at least and then bring on the dry slot! Have not measured but probably in the neighborhood of 10" in Randolph. Not bad for March.

2 minutes ago, DomNH said:

How much do you have in Lowell? I just measured 9'' in a fairly sheltered spot that has not been drifting. But that seems like it might be too high?

I'm on a hill but with huge mature trees and shi#'s blowing all over the place, so there' s no way I could get an accurate measurement, but 9 sounds about right. It's been ripping heavy the past few hours.

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Huge model qpf fail

Looks like it for CT at least. I think we all fell for the crazy numbers a bit because every single model had them, even the models that usually don't go overboard. Nice job Paul on your forecast - I think you may have been right for a bit of the wrong reason, but you stuck to your guns and should be the only one to not bust in the state as a result. We won't go down in flames like some will, but I'm not happy with our forecast.

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Huge model qpf fail

I was always suspicious of it...I'm glad I stuck to 10-16" for ORH and into 495 belt. Was tempting to go a good 6 inches higher with the modeled QPF, but it never sat well with me seeing those 1 inch amounts in like 3-5 hours. Still an impressive and very nice storm. I won't be complaining about double digits. But then again, probably a bit easier for me since I never actually bought into the 18"+ amounts.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

My local RWIS is at 0.08mi which is a little under 500ft. Damn impressive. 

I think this is obviously going to race out of here before we can hit the big 18''+ totals but if we can bang out like 14-15'' in essentially 6 hours that's pretty impressive.

Binghampton area is killing it!!

NEW YORK

...BROOME COUNTY...
   ENDWELL               21.6  1224 PM  3/14  TRAINED SPOTTER
   ENDICOTT              21.1  1117 AM  3/14  TRAINED SPOTTER
   VESTAL                21.0  1245 PM  3/14  TRAINED SPOTTER
   JOHNSON CITY          20.3   112 PM  3/14  TRAINED SPOTTER
   BINGHAMTON            20.0  1148 AM  3/14  FACEBOOK
   2 SSE WHITNEY POINT   18.8  1250 PM  3/14  TRAINED SPOTTER
   CHENANGO FORKS        16.5  1150 AM  3/14  FACEBOOK
   CHENANGO BRIDGE       16.0  1152 AM  3/14  FACEBOOK

Also lots of 2 ft. reports in PA.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

I was always suspicious of it...I'm glad I stuck to 10-16" for ORH and into 495 belt. Was tempting to go a good 6 inches higher with the modeled QPF, but it never sat well with me seeing those 1 inch amounts in like 3-5 hours. Still an impressive and very nice storm. I won't be complaining about double digits. But then again, probably a bit easier for me since I never actually bought into the 18"+ amounts.

Warm conveyor belts. In and out. Good luck Noyes. We were low for the area too. Working out well. 

Archived