Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Blizzard of the Ides, 2017 ...observation time

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

and it was brave with all the hullabalo about the deep tropical moisture connection and all of that but all the players were definitely not on the field despite what most of the models spit out.

I was surprised too that we didn't get a lot of sleet, the snow amounts were depressing but with all the talk of moisture laden system I figured we get the other half of qpf in ip...

kudos to the nam/rgm too....but they were too wet in some places

the potential was certainly there but not everything was coming together.  That was the difference this and early February when things actually aligned.  I went pretty beefy in that one for totals across much of CT and if anything may have been just a tick too high with that event.

6 minutes ago, HimoorWx said:

Could be, but visibility is way up. Temp holding at 32.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

There is an area of much lighter echoes moving through there, so I'll bet that is what it is...snow growht got worse and of course much less intense as those move through. I would think you will resume much better snow when the heavier echoes move back in:

Mar14_2017_148pmRadar.gif

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

There is an area of much lighter echoes moving through there, so I'll bet that is what it is...snow growht got worse and of course much less intense as those move through. I would think you will resume much better snow when the heavier echoes move back in:

Mar14_2017_148pmRadar.gif

So what happens from here on out for SNE? Ping back to snow as deform moves across..or just ends?

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

So what happens from here on out for SNE? Ping back to snow as deform moves across..or just ends?

There might be a brief period of snow later this evening as things lift back NE...but I wouldn't expect a whole lot of accumulation. An inch or two wouldn't shock me but neither would just flurries.

About 8in in North Andover now. Winds still howling. KLWM has been reporting Blizzard conditions for 2 hours now (assuming the next METAR verifies which it def should). Strongest winds will prob be over the next 3-4 hours over NE MA. 

Just now, SR Airglow said:

Damn, that was fast. We're still holding out here but I doubt it'll be much longer if you're pinging.

I think he's getting some crappy snow growth with a lot of rimed flakes...dual pol shows the real sleet line still well south in the Scituate/Brockton corridor.

They're gonna think I'm cheating LOL.  I swear I'm not cheating and my ruler is slanted less than 5 degrees.  Delmar is very close to me and reported 5" less than me!  WTF!

NEW YORK

...ALBANY COUNTY...
   SLINGERLANDS          16.8  1215 PM  3/14  TRAINED SPOTTER
   KNOX                  14.0  1243 PM  3/14  WEATHERNET6
   1 SW GUILDERLAND      13.5  1230 PM  3/14  NWS EMPLOYEE
   DELMAR                12.0  1226 PM  3/14  WEATHERNET6
   1 ENE CLARKSVILLE     11.0  1115 AM  3/14  SHERIFF OFFICE
   ALBANY                11.0  1255 PM  3/14  WEATHERNET6
   2 W ALBANY            11.0  1138 AM  3/14  RETIRED NWS EMP.
   GLENMONT              10.5  1131 AM  3/14  TRAINED SPOTTER
   LATHAM                 9.7  1209 PM  3/14  WEATHERNET6
   COLONIE                9.0  1158 AM  3/14  WEATHERNET6
   COHOES                 9.0  1208 PM  3/14  WEATHERNET6
   WATERVLIET             9.0  1157 AM  3/14  WEATHERNET6
   CLARKSVILLE            8.7  1100 AM  3/14  TRAINED SPOTTER
   1 S ALBANY             8.5  1100 AM  3/14  NWS EMPLOYEE
   1 ENE MCKOWNVILLE      8.2  1200 PM  3/14  NWS OFFICE

Archived