Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Blizzard of the Ides, 2017 ...observation time

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HimoorWx said:

Sleet mixing in Randolph. Sounds like the windows are being sandblasted.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

I wonder if it just some rimed flakes in there and not actual sleet pellets....dual pol still shows the line well south of there:

Mar14_2017_130pmRadar.gif

17 minutes ago, CTNoreaster said:

Any word regarding the CT Travel Ban in effect by Gov? Driving back from BWI to Fairfield and want to know if the ban will be lifted by early evening? 

I'm sure you'll be OK by then. Just a little light rain or drizzle here now, barely perceptible. I was just out and roads aren't that bad. Plenty of folks driving around locally and it looks like it does after any average snowstorm: some snow and slush on the roads but also some bare pavement showing through on some of the busier roads now that we're above freezing and people are venturing out. I imagine by 5 the travel ban will be officially lifted, if it's not already unofficially lifted, at least along the I-95 corridor because no one is going to heed it much longer in areas that got off relatively lightly.

1 minute ago, snowgeek said:

Big improvement in snow growth.  Heavier echos moving back in.  Hoping dry slot in western CT doesn't make it to HV.

I am wondering what the official measurement at KALB will be.  NWS Alb claims to have measured 8" at noon on campus, which makes me wonder what they did with their other half...  I just did a brief walk in Guilderland and am guessing 14" or15", but its starting to drift a bit.  Could be more.

2 minutes ago, Stash said:

I am wondering what the official measurement at KALB will be.  NWS Alb claims to have measured 8" at noon on campus, which makes me wonder what they did with their other half...  I just did a brief walk in Guilderland and am guessing 14" or15", but its starting to drift a bit.  Could be more.

I've got 16.5" on the ground and 17.75" using the snow board with 1 cleaning.  No drifts here yet.  Had 2" in 20 minutes and 3.75" in 1 hour!!!  That band was sick!!!!!

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

probably end up low in some spots but I think overall I'm quite happy.  Took alot of crap from people, especially from some friends at school but I held my ground.  

and it was brave with all the hullabalo about the deep tropical moisture connection and all of that but all the players were definitely not on the field despite what most of the models spit out.

I was surprised too that we didn't get a lot of sleet, the snow amounts were depressing but with all the talk of moisture laden system I figured we get the other half of qpf in ip...

kudos to the nam/rgm too....but they were too wet in some places

Archived