Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Blizzard of the Ides, 2017 ...observation time

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SnowlieSnowstormson said:

I don't think they really are. Even at peak intensity this morning in the Hartford area it certainly didn't seem like we broached 2" an hour. 

beginning of the end on radar. You can see the dry slot starting to cruise northward. Still several hours of good snow for many folks especially in Mass northward.

that would have been my guess 2 or a little better/hr for an hr or so....45 minutes something like that

maybe we get a few inches on the backside, I figure rates 9-1 or 10-1 so we only got about half the qpf too so far

great storm for parts of lower hv, kinda disappointed in western ct totals so far too

4 minutes ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

Snow growth has really crapped out here. Unfortunately losing too much time in the meat of the storm is never good for reaching higher end totals.

maybe it pivots and gives us some snow showers later and we get an inch or two, I thought maybe we would see one last burst looking at radar a half hour ago but as you say the snow growth is suffering

sun coming out in nj

Wiz absolutely nailed it!! He deserves massive kudos!

CMAN IOSN3 - Isle of Shoals
NOTICE: These realtime data are considered provisional. Please read the definition of provisional data and their inherent limitations.
Current Conditions:
Last update: 03/14 1:00 PM EDT
Wind speed: 44 knots (50 mph, 81 kph)
Wind direction: NE (50°)
Wind gust: 51 knots (58 mph, 94 kph)
Air temp: 32 ° F (0.1 ° C)
Atmospheric pressure: 1005.50 mb

1 minute ago, codfishsnowman said:

great call with the snow growth stuff, the lift couldn't be maximized or whatever but you nailed it man

by far you had the best accum forecast

probably end up low in some spots but I think overall I'm quite happy.  Took alot of crap from people, especially from some friends at school but I held my ground.  

Archived