Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Blizzard of the Ides, 2017 ...observation time

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This storm is more intense than the last one here. Def windier and prob even lower visibility. KLWM recently gusting over 40mph, but I think we're getting up to mid or upper 40s now. About 4.5in here now. 1.5in in last half hour or so, so roughly 3in/hr rates have arrived. I feel Blizz warnings aren't to rare these days but Blizz verification is still not common anywhere. This storm is a contender for many places to reach criteria, though. 

I'm wondering if/when the rad slows and starts backing - 

The low's really in the implosion throws now just S of midriff Long Island and satellite also loops the cyclonic curl as it wraps up... If the 700 mb can stay east we may see some breaking soon... 

12 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea, the full phase was needed to get the ccb going. Mostly IP with some snow mixing in, roughly 13" here, going out shortly. Might pick up a couple on the backside here though so maybe 16" is within reach. Doubt it though.

Really solid event but I think the one in February was a little bit better. Definitely had better snow growth. I think a CCB is developing but it's out by BGM. We'll see if any of it rotates through later. I kind of doubt it.

Archived