Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Blizzard of the Ides, 2017 ...observation time

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

It is not Scientifically possible for a storm to be 6 hours old, and have a 4" to 9" dependency in such a small area especially when I get the most snow of my region on Thompson Hill.  And No Kevin, I dry slotted for an hour and half.  

How much did you have in the March firehose storm? That is the dumbest thing we've ever seen you say. Come on dude.

And I was up at 4:00 and you were slotted and were still close to 8:00

6 minutes ago, Mr. Windcredible! said:

Winds gusts last hour:

46mph BDR,

39mph HVN,

46mph GON,

52mph ISP,

45mph MTP

Don't think those are getting mixed down away from the shore at all though. ~3 miles from the shore here and was just outside for an hour clearing the drive and had nothing close to that...maybe 30mph

I'm up here in NW Middlesex County in Massachusetts and we have what I would characterize as gentle tree top swaying...  But, that's all it takes - the snow is exceptionally dry and very fine aggregate in nature.  It's falling below 1/4 mi vis, and this amount of wind is easily lifting the snow exacerbating the visibility.   We don't need 35 mph frequent gusts to maintain < 1/4 mi vis under these conditions. 

3 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Ok. I don't see that but maybe you could post screenshots of what you are looking at.

It was def stalled a while ago and not moving...it has since resumed, but for a good hour there it made basically no progress while the stuff in CT was steadily advancing.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

It was def stalled a while ago and not moving...it has since resumed, but for a good hour there it made basically no progress while the stuff in CT was steadily advancing.

Yeah, I was just looking at the last 6 frames. As it moves east, the orientation should move more SW to NE.

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah Joey in town measured 8.5 like 40 minutes ago..and there's 2 other Tolland posters here. Nikos and Weenie Radar. 

Maybe Corey's accordion is in the shop and he's angry?

I'll go out a measure now. Just had a wicked gust come through. We're really testing the integrity of my antenna mount today.

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I'm up here in NW Middlesex County in Massachusetts and we have what I would characterize as gentle tree top swaying...  But, that's all it takes - the snow is exceptionally dry and very fine aggregate in nature.  It's falling below 1/4 mi vis, and this amount of wind is lift the snow exacerbating the visibility.   We don't need 35 mph frequent gusts to maintain < 1/4 mi vis under these conditions. 

I wasn't saying anything about visibility...just commenting on the progress of winds

Archived