SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Blizzard of the Ides, 2017 ...observation time

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That band of returns in the Berkshires looks fun. The sleet band pushing up through PVD looks like fun if it can make it to BOS before the warm air. Viz here still >0.1 mi (the furthest I can see from my window, and I have seen that building disappear once or twice).

2 minutes ago, Connecticut Appleman said:

I have no reason to doubt that snow total - we are somewhere in that range and I'm one town over - how to tell exactly how much we have out there with the hurricane going on out there.

Yeah Joey in town measured 8.5 like 40 minutes ago..and there's 2 other Tolland posters here. Nikos and Weenie Radar. 

Maybe Corey's accordion is in the shop and he's angry?

1 minute ago, Mr. Windcredible! said:

Measured all of 3.5" of compacted snow/sleet. 33 torchtastic degrees but still sleeting...have to imagine we'll be dripping soon. congrats to everyone making out big!

4.0 in Old Lyme, and up to 35 and rising fast. Been liquid for a while now, GON and into RI too.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah Joey in town measured 8.5 like 40 minutes ago..and there's 2 other Tolland posters here. Nikos and Weenie Radar. 

Maybe Corey's accordion is in the shop and he's angry?

It is not Scientifically possible for a storm to be 6 hours old, and have a 4" to 9" dependency in such a small area especially when I get the most snow of my region on Thompson Hill.  And No Kevin, I dry slotted for an hour and half.  

1 minute ago, TheSnowman said:

It is not Scientifically possible for a storm to be 6 hours old, and have a 4" to 9" dependency in such a small area especially when I get the most snow of my region on Thompson Hill.  And No Kevin, I dry slotted for an hour and half.  

Ok. But, you're wrong.

Archived