Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Blizzard of the Ides, 2017 ...observation time

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ferocious!

I can't compare this to the Feb 2013 event since it was dark then and so the perspective is different, but this has to rival that at least for intensity - probably not for duration.  I tried to take a picture, but the windows are covered in snow and when I went outside the lens instantly had water on it.

2 minutes ago, Connecticut Appleman said:

Ferocious!

I can't compare this to the Feb 2013 event since it was dark then and so the perspective is different, but this has to rival that at least for intensity - probably not for duration.  I tried to take a picture, but the windows are covered in snow and when I went outside the lens instantly had water on it.

No...winds don't compare.

6 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

Once again I refuse to believe a word of Kevin.  We've been snowing since 5am and have 4".  He has 9" and he's in the same basic region?  More than double haha!?  Please.  

You aren't anywhere near me. You were in a dryslot from 4;00- 8:00 am with nothing falling..Call me a liar all you want. We don't care. It's what I've got 

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Sleet line making a bit more progress in CT and now RI vs MA:

Yeah was about to post: 14z HRRR took a big jump warmer in northeast CT/ northern RI but held stead across southeast MA... warming layers closer to midlevel lows? We'll see how that holds, next 4 hours are critical

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You aren't anywhere near me. You were in a dryslot from 4;00- 8:00 am. Call me a liar all you want. We don't care. It's what I've got 

I have no reason to doubt that snow total - we are somewhere in that range and I'm one town over - how to tell exactly how much we have out there with the hurricane going on out there.

Archived