Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Blizzard of the Ides, 2017 ...observation time

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Greg said:

I just took a look in the PA blogs.  Some people are wiping off the board way too much.  Your not suppose to add everything up every hour as the now settles.  Even I still don't like the 6 Hourly measurements with wiping off the board.  I find this method still like cheating.

couldn't agree more, so glad someone else said it

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I honestly think the nw trend was a bit overdone. My brother has a foot in Flemington already, pounding under 50dbzs. Latest HRRRR has a little lift of sleet moving north then it collapses a bit before straddling I84 later. 

HRRR is playing catch up

Wind is really starting to pick up here in N ORH.  Our town is down one plow truck and one DPW person, so the cleanup will be a mess (we on,y have 3-4 trucks as it is)

Going to go out and walk with the dog now that my blizzard Belgian waffles are done

Moderate to occasional heavy snow now.   I pray we don't lose power

And Noyes is nuts with his map.   I do know some people in New Ipswich, NH that I'm interested in hearing from

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Wind is really starting to pick up here in N ORH.  Our town is down one plow truck and one DPW person, so the cleanup will be a mess (we on,y have 3-4 trucks as it is)

Going to go out and walk with the dog now that my blizzard Belgian waffles are done

And Noyes is nuts with his map.   I do know some people in New Ipswich, NH that I'm interested in hearing from

Averaged 3.5" out there so far.  Good breeze, fair amount of blowing already.

You have 3-4 trucks?  Are they full plows?   I didn't realize Hubb-town was that large.  I think we have  two dump truck ones and a pick-up. 

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Once the real heavy bands move in most towns will have to foucus on main roads only.  I could see side streets having 6-8" of snow before a plow touches them. 

Moderate Snow here with heavy bursts.  Snow growth could be better but it's not terrible. 

Archived