Newest Member
    joxey
March 13-14 Storm Observations

The Iceman

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Im not sure that snow line gets too far S and E when it starts moving again tbh. Most short range stuff has whatever current precip generally as what most area finish with. Really surprised no warnings for this ice have gone up. This is way worse imo than what 15" of snow could have done.

I think we'll eek out 2+ inches of snow...snow line making progress pretty quick.

15 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

um i dont need to do anything buddy. if they can't handle perfectly reasonable criticism then good riddance. it is an awful forecast sorry if their feelings are hurt but im calling it what it is. I don't need to get on my knees to defend a forecast just because they are pros. it is an absolutely terrible forecast and there's been a severe lack of updates. these are just facts.

agree with everything in this post

3 minutes ago, PennQuakerGirl said:

Hey, I mean people are free to be cranky -- especially given the lack of production from this winter.  I think that it's still an interesting setup, but I'm a dance major -- not a meteorologist or even someone who knows all that much about the way weather works.  

I enjoy systems like this honestly.  It gives you something to track (mix line) after the storm has commenced. Especially if the line collapses south.

This is crazy but I am actually praying for a dry slot. Storm looks to have slowed considerably. Hrrr showed a brief stall and loop around this hour for a few recent runs. Radar returns are insane with training heavy heavy sleet. We have near pea-sized sleet attm.....like a summer hailstorm. First time I ever remember seeing sleet rates like this. Temp down to 25.7F. Lights going off and on periodically.

Archived