Total Members
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews
The Iceman

March 13-14 Storm Observations

31 minutes ago, shadow_ said:

I just got that band that is moving through allentown. I'm in whitehall and boy the skys have opened up. Huge flakes 3'' hour rate or more. First time i'm hearing some pinging but mostly all snow.

What part of Whitehall are you in?  What would you say you have so far through the storm?

Getting kind of blizzy out, western edge of the death band and flake size as well as wind have increased markedly. Solid 2"+ rates

4 minutes ago, Akeem the African Dream said:

What part of Whitehall are you in?  What would you say you have so far through the storm?

Soon as i posted that, it turned into a sleetfest. I'm near the whitehall mall. It's hard to tell with the wind, i would guess maybe 10 inches. That is getting compacted now with this heavy sleet.

4 minutes ago, shadow_ said:

Soon as i posted that, it turned into a sleetfest. I'm near the whitehall mall. It's hard to tell with the wind, i would guess maybe 10 inches. That is getting compacted now with this heavy sleet.

Alright.  I'm very familiar with the Fullerton area.  Grew up around 3rd and Grape.

Your 10" estimate was good considering the snow observer just chimed in with 9.6 at ABE.

All sleet here for more then the last hour, snowing well south and east of here never seen anything like this.

24.8F approx 6" of shaved ice

Shoveling was like digging sticky ball bearings and bb's 

under a light echo and have finally changed to a majority of snow. it's light though and very poor snow growth. visibility down though. 

1 minute ago, RedSky said:

All sleet here for more then the last hour, snowing well south and east of here never seen anything like this.

I don't get this storm lol. 100% sleet for more than the past hour as well under this band.

2 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Shoveling was like digging sticky ball bearings and bb's 

can't think of a any time in my life that levittown is snowing and Quakertown is all sleet. very very odd.

2 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

can't think of a any time in my life that levittown is snowing and Quakertown is all sleet. very very odd.

It's understandable I moved here and flipped reality, couple minutes ago began mixing with 50% snow

2 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Will be a good research project for a young aspiring MET major....