Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 13-14 Storm Observations

The Iceman

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what it is, but it's definitely doing something other than snow by the sound on the windows.

1 minute ago, The Iceman said:

absolutely crazy. just don't understand how every single model can bust so poorly even 6 hours out. even the warmest model had the sleet line no where close to the poconos. I'm just perplexed how that happens.

That's why I'd love to see final qpf numbers.  At least if they got that amount right, you could say that the amount of mid layer warmth was just missed.  Miss qpf AND p-type and that's a huge bust.

6 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

All snow now, larger flakes mixing in.

LOL......snow in Lansdale while sleeting in Mount Pocono, who'd ever have guessed that could happen?  EDIT, even more impressive it's snowing in Philly while sleeting in Mt. Pocono.  I just changed back to light snow here.  (sleet changing to snow from SE to NW :P )

Flipped back to all snow in Spring Mount, PA around 10:40 AM.  Coming down quite nicely with temp up to 26 degrees.

Let's see what kind of sleet sandwich I end up with.  I had 4.5" of snow, followed by close to 3" of sleet, followed now by (hopefully) at least a couple more inches of snow.

Archived