Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 13-14 Storm Observations

The Iceman

6 minutes ago, Newman said:

I don't know how I'm going to get an accurate measurement with all this blowing. Anybody else notice that band of snow/sleet pivoting on radar to our south?

I noticed it......I think looking at the system as a whole, seeing other peoples obs, and looking out the window are more useful.  I wish they would just get rid of those P-type colors and just keep it all green/yell/red so it's easier to see the intensity.  (we were getting sleeted on when the radar showed heavy snow, therefore those colors are useless....I've seen issues with them before but never this bad)

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Newman said:

I'm hoping that band you're in can pivot back my way. Looks great on radar.

It's beyond dissapointing 40dbz rates and it's extremely light quarter sized flakes falling spaced about a yard apart. You don't want this!

I must be stuck in subsidence

Mt Holly may hit their forecast for me in northern DE.  They have me at 5-10 and right now I have 3" of concrete with heavy sleet falling.  IF the storm strengthens and pivots sooner rather than later then another few inches of snow is not out of the question and they hit it for me.

worst death band ever

1 minute ago, LVblizzard said:

Heaviest snow of the morning so far as the mix line pushes back south. Can't see the trees a block away from me...gotta be 2-3"/hr rates. Lots of blowing and drifting occurring too.

Incredible! Totally anemic rates visibility abour 3/4 mile I really can't get over this. 

Up to 7.5".  3" per hour rate for the last 40 min, even mixed with sleet at times.  I have never in my life seen aggregates like this - they're literally 3-4" across.  After the changeover to sleet for an hour plus, I thought we were dead.  Now it's fun again, even if we don't get to a foot.  

2 minutes ago, shemATC said:

Between 8-1am was the expected "IT" hours for us here.  All depends on what type of precip falls.  Maybe I should go shovel more before I end up with 4" of snow on top of that clay that is out there.

Not really 4am-11am was the peak period we lost half the storm can't get that back now.

Archived