Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 13-14 Storm Observations

The Iceman

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

well had this been all snow, 2 feet would of been easily attained...radar to the south looks impressively heavy. too bad it's all going to fall as liquid or sleet. painful really...

Relax....take a deep breath.....you got this man.

you will swtch back to snow. Final call is 10 inches for you

4 minutes ago, mattinpa said:

Temperature doesn't seem to be budging here at 27 degrees. If we get heavy returns, it's still going to be a dangerous storm here even with sleet.

Actually, the temp at TTN has dropped from 31 at 3am to 28 at 6am. DP also fell during that time.

5 minutes ago, Animal said:

Relax....take a deep breath.....you got this man.

you will swtch back to snow. Final call is 10 inches for you

relax!?!? I am ****ing relaxed pal! :lol:  but seriously hope you're right but half of that is more likely.maybe six inches since we'll likely get 3 inches of sleet with all this qpf.

1 minute ago, WeatherNC said:

26 miles from the leading edge of the transition zone, not sweating yet much further north than I anticipated.  Even Allentown looks to flip here shortly

you're fine transition won't even come close to you. probably another spot that sees close to 2ft.

4 inches here of cement. probably at least an inch of sleet maybe more that compacted the 3.5" of snow. now 90% sleet with rain mixing in...maybe changing to rain now in this heavy band... no mention of that in the "blizzard" warning that Mt holly inexplicably still has up. temp has been wavering between 30 and 31. plain rain coming soon it looks.

8 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

you're fine transition won't even come close to you. probably another spot that sees close to 2ft.

I saw a report on 69 news that said ABE had .8 miles visibility.....either really light snow or sleet has made its way there.  (and going by the heavy echos on the radar, that appears to be near the edge of the sleet zone)  

1 minute ago, DarthDoppler said:

I saw a report on 69 news that said ABE had .8 miles visibility.....either really light snow or sleet has made its way there.  (and going by the heavy echos on the radar, that appears to be near the edge of the sleet zone)  

I live 6 miles west of Allentown - all freaking sleet now.  That mix line continues to move north.... wondering it makes past the blue mt ridge line to the north into the Poconos....  unfortunately I have seen it often when the line makes it north of the philly burbs it is huge bust for all with a lucky inch or two of wraparound at the end.

Just now, LVLion77 said:

I live 6 miles west of Allentown - all freaking sleet now.  That mix line continues to move north.... wondering it makes past the blue mt ridge line to the north into the Poconos....  unfortunately I have seen it often when the line makes it north of the philly burbs it is huge bust for all with a lucky inch or two of wraparound at the end.

that's the likely scenario save for the Poconos. I don't see anyone getting more than 2 or 3 inches on the back side that is currently in all sleet. maybe Lehigh Valley gets 3-6 more since they'll transition quicker. just too much warm air to overcome. would be nice for any of the pros on TV or in the nws in the area to step up and explain what may happen but none have done so...Pretty telling to me. shows they know they blew this one and don't want to admit failure until it's over.

5 minutes ago, penndotguy said:

Well not so sure anyone saw this coming I thought by now this thing was going to be bombing out and the dynamics would overcome the temps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anytime the low moves too close to you and it changes over......I've never seen a storm really do much after that save Superstorm 1993.  (5" on back end.....but then LOOK at how powerful that storm was)  Picture the low spinning up the coast, all of that warm, juicy air over the ocean.  If it has a slight east movement to it, the land can avoid that air....but when it moves almost due north, it's going to wrap that warmer air into pretty much as far inland as our current changeover every time, unless we have REALLY cold air.....the kind only Jan-Feb can provide.  (even then it would still mix some, but the snow would be more stubborn to leave and come back earlier on back end)  

1 minute ago, RedSky said:

IP/SN mix 75/25% Quakertown is getting sand blasted 

Temp continues to drop 24.8F

if you guys don't change back over to snow in a hour or so im giving up that we ever change back down here for a back side inch... Looks very grim, very very grim for anything over 6 inches.

Archived