Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 13-14 Storm Observations

The Iceman

3 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

I'd honestly rather it change to rain than stay sleet the rest of the storm so I don't have to shovel.

The sleet storms of 2007 were crippling this is going to be a nightmare where it doesn't transition to rain. But hey the pack will be bullet proof for the die hard fans, mainly me lol

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Newman said:

I can't tell by CC radar if I'm in sleet or snow because I'm right on the line. So freaking close and keeps wavering back and forth. 

I'm due east of you near Seisholtzville........it LOOKS like snow, but hear some small pingers.  Measured 6" in the driveway at 5:30am.  Temp 24....like the surface temp matters lol.  (rather 32 and snow then 24 and sleet)  If I change over it looks like I might be the lucky spot that sees double+ the snow amounts 10 miles north :/  (because the line seems to be moving at almost a stall now......unless it makes a big push soon)  

1 minute ago, DarthDoppler said:

I'm due east of you near Seisholtzville........it LOOKS like snow, but hear some small pingers.  Measured 6" in the driveway at 5:30am.  Temp 24....like the surface temp matters lol.  (rather 32 and snow then 24 and sleet)  If I change over it looks like I might be the lucky spot that sees double+ the snow amounts 10 miles north :/  (because the line seems to be moving at almost a stall now......unless it makes a big push soon)  

Same. Mostly snow, but some sleet mixed in. If we can hold that line where it's at we may be able to verify some forecasts.

2 minutes ago, Newman said:

Same. Mostly snow, but some sleet mixed in. If we can hold that line where it's at we may be able to verify some forecasts.

Ack.....more sleet now as I type this.  (still some flakes but not many at all...pingers a little louder)  You'll hold slightly better......but I'm thinking a few miles north of 22/78 to have any real chance of not mixing now.  

1 minute ago, The Iceman said:

I blame Ralph, he was way too optimistic for this storm. pessimistic and negative was the way to go. :lol:

It ain't over till it's over folks would say. ;) There's a low over by western VA and the coastal is literally hugging the coast.  The coastal would need to push away east a bit to move that r/s line.

2 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

worst part of this is that I can't even fall asleep from between the Adderall, the  copious amounts of caffeine and the damn loud pinging on the window for now 2 hours straight..

Same here.  And my annoyingly loud, beeping, weather station isn't helping, either.  Yelling at me because the barometer is falling rapidly.  

2 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

worst part of this is that I can't even fall asleep from between the Adderall, the  copious amounts of caffeine and the damn loud pinging on the window for now 2 hours straight..

I feel you........took pre workout caffeine last night and never lifted lol.  (lifting heavy with your mind not in the here and now.....drifting away wondering about the storm, isn't a good idea)  

4 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

worst part of this is that I can't even fall asleep  between the Adderall, the  copious amounts of caffeine and the damn loud pinging on the window for now 2 hours straight..

Lol you are the Iceman this is your moment to shine

Archived