• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 13-14 Storm Observations

The Iceman

Post your observations for the upcoming storm in this thread. We'll keep the other thread for discussion

Currently 27F/ Dew Point at -2. High clouds have begun to roll in already after the morning started out clear. That's a good thing as Ralph pointed out earlier that it could prevent temps from getting too high today. Projected high is 40. Will be interesting to see how close we get to it. Dew points being so low also means we'll probably have some virga before the column saturates but also means temps should fall fast as well when precip begins.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sun is still out.  How am I going to get a foot or more of snow???

;-)

But seriously...had a low this AM of 14 degrees in Spring Mount, PA.  Awaiting the arrival of the biggest March snow event since 1993.  If things come together right, I could surpass that event's snow total IMBY (14 inches).

You would never guess snow was 8 or so hours out here in Wilmington.  Bright sunshine with just high thin clouds.  But it was only 35 degrees at 1:30pm which for March 13th is pretty impressive.  Dews are pretty low.  If we can just fight off the pingers then I think we are in a good spot....but it will ping for a while here.

Radar has started to blossom over SEPA in the last hour or so. Don't know if that means the storm is a little ahead of schedule or we might pick up a little front end bonus. I remember something like that happened with a storm in 2011 -- we pick up a couple of bonus inches before the real storm got cranking. I know, I know ... radar hallucinations!!

2 minutes ago, hazwoper said:

Likely graupel

I know she probably wouldn't know the difference between the different types of ip!   I was under nothing but virga for a time (dews are still arid).  Current temp has dropped to 33F.

I am curious about any around here who is in or north of Allentown as it looks like there's stronger returns showing up there.

1 minute ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I know she probably wouldn't know the difference between the different types of ip!   I was under nothing but virga for a time (dews are still arid).  Current temp has dropped to 33F.

I am curious about any around here who is in or north of Allentown as it looks like there's stronger returns showing up there.

A buddy of mine posted a pic on FB and it looked like graupel up that way

Archived