Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 13/14 Storm Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Well, it could be worse. NYC went from Blizzard Warnings to WWAs. I feel bad for them. 

They still seem positive over there. It the Philly forum that melted down.

But A lot of them are still using the words "The HRRR says....".

I hate to break it to them, but the HRRR has said a lot of things that aren't true.

1 minute ago, das said:

To anyone considering pursuing a degree in meteorology, try to consider ALL of the implications, good and bad.  My name is mud here at Casa de das this morning.

If my work hadn't closed I was dead - like people there think I make it snow- and I am just a weather nerd to them...

Das - why didn't you make the low form furthe east! 

I named the above storm based on my backyard because this is an epic sleet storm for mid March. Does anybody remember seven or eight years ago in Northern Baltimore County there was another really great sleet storm that produced similar amounts of sleet but no snow? If you recall and know the date can you post it?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Just now, AdamHLG said:

I named the above storm based on my backyard because this is an epic sleet storm for mid March. Does anybody remember seven or eight years ago in Northern Baltimore County there was another really great sleet storm that produced similar amounts of sleet but no snow? If you recall and know the date can you post it?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I believe you are referencing Feb 2007.

1 minute ago, mappy said:

Ha! 

It's made worse that the wife checked the forecast for the 2nd house we just bought and will retire to one day to see the blizzard warning hoisted:

Today
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Areas of blowing snow after 1pm. High near 25. Blustery, with a north wind 9 to 14 mph increasing to 20 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.
Tonight
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Areas of blowing snow. Low around 16. Windy, with a north wind 24 to 29 mph decreasing to 18 to 23 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.
Wednesday
Snow. Areas of blowing snow before 10am. High near 26. Northwest wind around 16 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
Wednesday Night
A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 14. Northwest wind around 14 mph. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

6 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

If my work hadn't closed I was dead - like people there think I make it snow- and I am just a weather nerd to them...

Das - why didn't you make the low form furthe east! 

Apparently, the interior sections of New England needed it worse that we do...

11 minutes ago, das said:

It's made worse that the wife checked the forecast for the 2nd house we just bought and will retire to one day to see the blizzard warning hoisted:

Today
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Areas of blowing snow after 1pm. High near 25. Blustery, with a north wind 9 to 14 mph increasing to 20 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.
Tonight
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Areas of blowing snow. Low around 16. Windy, with a north wind 24 to 29 mph decreasing to 18 to 23 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.
Wednesday
Snow. Areas of blowing snow before 10am. High near 26. Northwest wind around 16 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
Wednesday Night
A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 14. Northwest wind around 14 mph. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Bummer! 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived