Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 13/14 Storm Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tell her tomorrow she was too late :lol:

I hope she looked at you like.....don't play mom. That's not fng funny! :lol::lol::lol:

Why do you think she lost her ****? That I would even think to threaten her with that. But it worked. Calmed her down, tucked her in and that was that.

I had threatened to take away toys, her iPad, to no avail. Mention no playing in the snow and it was the end of times. Lol

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

My non drinking ass is sipping on high end jasmine loose leaf tea with pure raw unfiltered honey. Sober life isn't too bad. Plus the big blunt I just burned is doing me right. 

Now that's what I call a proper winter storm beverage.

Going with Guinness this evening.  It's mid-March, its a decent beer, but not a big IPA that will make me regret it in the morning when I have to go in because the roads are wet lol...

PS - don't we have some people in here that work at LWX? What's the deal with the radar? I was hoping to scowl at the CC dual-pol all night... 

5 minutes ago, das said:

Ha.  I'm actually proud to say I work for all y'all.  I'm the CIO at the US General Services Administration.  Pretty tortured career path from research meteorologist in private industry to a Fed CIO.  Happy to tell anyone via PM if they like.  Met degrees are VERY marketable.

Enough of that.  Temp is 29.9F here in Clarksburg, it's snowing nicely and everything has turned white.  Excellent evening so far.

I laughed at this. Not because your career sounds awful, it's awesome... but this was a nice subtle burn in reply to Phin. 

In other news, my house had a colonoscopy today and I got to watch. I saw what I ate last week. Unfortunately my health insurance didn't cover it and I may have wasted some cash because Baltimore County came out and gave the neighborhood an industrial colonoscopy in ten minutes and cleared up everything. 

The BalCo peeps wouldn't take a tip but they wer happy with the Gatorade container with Bulleit. I love my hood.

2 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

in our house, the single malts come out when the snowfall reaches 6". we had a bunch of years with lots of scotch.  I'm looking forward to trying a new bottle I got over the summer tomorrow.  ginger ale and cheap bourbon for tonight.

We'd get along marvelously. Get me drunk and I'd even listen to your political views with a plastered smile and even a few nods.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived