Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 13/14 Storm Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

You're already on my list, but for all of you who will need to be buried once and for all, just call 1-888-REAPME1 and leave a voicemail with your final location and I'll get to you when I can. I'm busy right now. 

58c7025109930_ReaperCpu1.jpg.45240cc4ccef1e27344eef0a0ba16357.jpg

I NEVER give up on winter, and this storm is going to smash the I 95 Corridor, with snow.

I'm gonna live forever!

Those of you with doubts about where the R/S Line will set up, just take a good long look at that pic. Thats a pretty good representation of it, and that means that DC will get plenty of snow from this.

39 minutes ago, Negnao said:

Nam was first and consistent with the western track and warm nose. Sat gfs and cmc was snow city and they folded to the nam 

31 minutes ago, Quasievil said:

Agree. It was mocked as it frequently is but it latched on to the western track first before the coveted GFS.

I see we have had some excellent analysis in the model thread. :wacko:

The CIPS analog is the week prior, but the bust from 2007 is noteworthy (bottom of article)! https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/post/washington-dcs-top-5-surprise-snowstorms/2012/01/16/gIQAPwOoAQ_blog.html

“The higher-than-anticipated amounts of snow are due to a weaker-than-expected push of warm air from the south at upper levels, and a slower and weaker advance of warmer air from the east at the surface.”

Classic far NW snow event. Westminster area gets hammered. Could be a sleet-fest for the closer in burbs of DC and Baltimore, especially if one believes the meso models. I just now finished putting down pre-emergent and fertilizer. The 1" of snow/sleet followed by copious amounts of rain here will soak that in good. Just cancelled weatherbell finally. Too bad we will suffer with crappy cold for a while after this. April and May will probably be cloudy and wet with below avg temps. NA blocking FTL.

Now, time for an imperial stout or 2.

28 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

You're already on my list, but for all of you who will need to be buried once and for all, just call 1-888-REAPME1 and leave a voicemail with your final location and I'll get to you when I can. I'm busy right now. 

58c7025109930_ReaperCpu1.jpg.45240cc4ccef1e27344eef0a0ba16357.jpg

I'm a BOC fan, so I don't fear the Reaper - baby take my hand, we can be like they are ;)

Wow, this is my first post.  First of all, I'd like to thank whoever created this site -- it's a joy to see so many professionals sharing data and watching a forecast evolve.  That said, I'd like to make a donation to the site, but I'm having trouble finding a link.  

I am a data scientist myself and work with big data.  I've archived all public Reddit comments and submissions and I also collect weather data as a hobby. 

It's great to meet all of you and thanks for creating such a wonderful community!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived