Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 13/14 Storm Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, annapolismike said:

remember....8" is going to tamp down to 2-3 with the rain, sleet and immediate melting.

Well its not going to snow that much in the first place, and I personally doubt it'll rain here. And snow doesn't melt at night when its below freezing.

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

ok.  post the HRRRRRRRRRRRR.  

Well, let's say Hrrrrrrx is allowed, but regular Hrrrr isn't. And Hrrrrr parallel is ok too. RAP is always good, but RAP-beta still has bugs to work out. HRRRAP is doing well so far.

Ok so I have removed my head from the sand pile that I have kept it in for the past 4 days. I like snow I do but I am not a fan of it this late in the season. This thing is going to dump on us and I have accepted the fact that my kids will not be getting back all of their snow days at the end of the year, I can only hope that they at least get back 2-3.

What makes it hard is that it is so darn beautiful out this morning, cold but I can take that. I have a birthday coming up the end of this week, and the day I was born in OH there was 10" on the ground. And since moving here I have had snow on my birthday at least one other time I can remember. I just hope this snow melts away before Friday as I have plans to go out and enjoy another cancer free birthday. 

3 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Ok so I have removed my head from the sand pile that I have kept it in for the past 4 days. I like snow I do but I am not a fan of it this late in the season. This thing is going to dump on us and I have accepted the fact that my kids will not be getting back all of their snow days at the end of the year, I can only hope that they at least get back 2-3.

What makes it hard is that it is so darn beautiful out this morning, cold but I can take that. I have a birthday coming up the end of this week, and the day I was born in OH there was 10" on the ground. And since moving here I have had snow on my birthday at least one other time I can remember. I just hope this snow melts away before Friday as I have plans to go out and enjoy another cancer free birthday. 

Happy Birthday to you.  A great celebration for sure!  

53 minutes ago, caviman2201 said:

Cue the I-81 crew to tell us we take things too seriously as they settle in for a historic March snowstorm... When a few days ago they were worried about a lack of precip.  It's always easy for the rich to tell the poor they're too worked up about money lol

Not at all what I'm talking about, but you carry on.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived