Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 13-14 Storm Nowcasting/Obs

nj2va

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Deck Pic said:

Latest HRRR/RAP, show really heavy banding setting up over DC metro over the next few hours.

I saw that, looks like it would go into the early afternoon then some light stuff rest of the day. I know it may not mean a whole lot but gives DC ~4", and more toward central MD. Well maybe those snow plots have a bit more meaning if we do get into a few hours of good banding after the sleet turns back to snow. 

1 minute ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

I saw that, looks like it would go into the early afternoon then some light stuff rest of the day. I know it may not mean a whole lot but gives DC ~4", and more toward central MD. Well maybe those snow plots have a bit more meaning if we do get into a few hours of good banding after the sleet turns back to snow. 

I'm not sure what it will amount to.  But with every single coastal here for the last 10+ years, we stick a fork in it before the storm is over, and often the finale is the best part.

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Huh, for once we can have the same obs. Every once in a while a fairly impressive wind gust sneaks through. Still 100% sleet for now.

Yup. Been sleeting since at least 3am up here. Oh well.

Back to a little sleet mixed in with snow grains, despite temp falling about a degree to 28.3 in past hour.  Folks saying this is a FAIL should at least wait until we're done with the back side of the system.  My personal pass/fail line for this system is 6" IMBY.  Gonna be tough to PASS unless we get a good back-side dump (so to speak ....)

Just had a nice moderate burst of snow for a minute...very pretty with the trees as a backdrop. Been here awhile...fully understand the final dynamics of a storm like this. If I lived where I used to live I'd be happier....I'm in a new location quite a bit SW of there...not as excited...I don't say back edge lightly although since I'm not familiar with my new spot it was in jest somewhat. Good luck to all on the final push....enjoy!!

I would be happy to see another 1-2" of snow on top of the bs that's on the ground now.  As of now still all sleet here in Towson, and waiting for that first flake to mix in.  Haven't seen any snow since I went out at 11:30 last night and sat in my truck with high beams on.

11 minutes ago, Deck Pic said:

I'm not sure what it will amount to.  But with every single coastal here for the last 10+ years, we stick a fork in it before the storm is over, and often the finale is the best part.

Yeah I hear you. Even happened in the blizzard last year, though  the semi dryslot did suck. Radar showed we would get hammered all afternoon and we did. Maybe we can score some version of that here to top off the sleet layer... We'll see. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived