• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews

March 13-14 Storm Nowcasting/Obs

1 minute ago, Skywalker03 said:

clouds to the north, clouds to the south, but the sun has been blasting here in DC.  Finally starting to see them rolling in, but it's warm out...

dps aren't so bad

Just now, stormtracker said:

I didn't think we'd be doing this for this storm. :(. Sweating high temps.   Altho I don't think anybody is busting high

I busted high, but I think everyone is just posting their temps because that is what we do!  Its gonna snow (and then sleet).

3 minutes ago, BTRWx said:

dps aren't so bad

Just an ob.  I get that dps are fine and we'll be into the good stuff soon.  I live in Bob Chill country and am looking forward to my snow-sleet-snow sandwich.

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I didn't think we'd be doing this for this storm. :(. Sweating high temps.   Altho I don't think anybody is busting high

I always bust high

2 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

I busted high, but I think everyone is just posting their temps because that is what we do!  Its gonna snow (and then sleet).

This. I wouldn't know what to do if I couldn't post 41/20. Maybe sleep, but I'm excited so I can't sleep. I'm a weenie and I need help. 

not sure where that spotter is in Richmond.. but im also in Richmond and its still in the mid 40s here.... Light mist falling..

Looks like I hit my max temp of 39. It's been steady for a while and a couple nearby stations have recently dropped a degree. 3 degrees below forecast. lol

On another note... precip showing up on LWX radar. Can't wait for the first flakage reports. Seems like we've been waiting for this since last Jan

56 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

This. I wouldn't know what to do if I couldn't post 41/20. Maybe sleep, but I'm excited so I can't sleep. I'm a weenie and I need help. 

It's funny 'cause I know damn well that I'm getting the shaft with this storm, but I'm still excited.

Its heading back down alright, once you get the altostratus coverage, the temp falls. the low dewpoints help too.

We are going to will this thing east, and we are going to get the I 95 cities some decent snow tonight/tomorrow.

Just had another look outside - sky is outright overcast. That was fast. It already has that snowy look to it, lol