Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 13-14 Storm Nowcasting/Obs

nj2va

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow/Sleet was all compacted and mushed together, it's fun watching a 1 square foot chunk of Snow/Sleet slide off the front of the car, got done shoveling in like 25 minutes, which is quicker than normal for me. Would have went to work in Mays Chapel but parents are cautious. Btw that Sleet was loud last night, especially around 1:30-2:00am.

1 minute ago, dukeblue219 said:

Shoveling advice for a transplanted southerner please. My driveway appears to be 1" of hardpacked ice with 1" of softer snow/slush on top. It's just stopped snowing. Best to let the sun shine for an hour and then clear it before dark? 

You should probably shovel it off.  The sun will melt it a bit but probably not the whole way, and it'll freeze overnight making it impossible tomorrow morning.

7 minutes ago, dukeblue219 said:

Shoveling advice for a transplanted southerner please. My driveway appears to be 1" of hardpacked ice with 1" of softer snow/slush on top. It's just stopped snowing. Best to let the sun shine for an hour and then clear it before dark? 

Just make sure you DO get it off that sidewalk TODAY. Its gonna FREEZE HARD overnight, then you are at risk. It only takes ONE PERSON walking by on it to fall, get seriously hurt, then you have a lawsuit and its YOUR ASS.

I did not take any chances. I got my sidewalk cleared right away. Sometimes, it a real blessing to live so far south. I never have to deal with wraparound snow bands. I shovel my walk then kick back and read about other ppl in Maryland having to dig thru 35 inches of snow lol.

7 minutes ago, Amped said:

Did you guys mix?

I got 2 inches of very wet snow, followed by hours of sleet, then ZR. I got over an inch of sleet.

1 minute ago, supernovasky said:

That march sun angle is intense - won't be much left to refreeze at this rate.

Sidewalks and driveways that face north may have something left on them to refreeze. Once it freezes, it is hell to remove.

Just now, Jebman said:

I got 2 inches of very wet snow, followed by hours of sleet, then ZR. I got over an inch of sleet.

Sidewalks and driveways that face north may have something left on them to refreeze. Once it freezes, it is hell to remove.

Oh I know, definitely not taking chances, I just thought so much more would stay frozen. It's incredible how fast it melts off.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived