Weathernoob335
March 13-14 Storm Nowcasting/Obs

nj2va

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Yup :(

Closest spotter to me reported 3.8" at 7am.  Probably 0.3-0.5" of sleet since.  

When was the last time we ended a mixed event as ip instead of switching back to snow? I,  frankly,  can't remember one. It only adds to the historic nature of this winter's fail. Lol

Just now, mitchnick said:

When was the last time we ended a mixed event as ip instead of switching back to snow? I,  frankly,  can't remember one. It only adds to the historic nature of this winter's fail. Lol

Would definitely be unusual. I can't recall one either.  Probably we'll end with a 5min burst of dendrites. :D

2 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

7.0", all snow. it was awesome to finally get a decent storm this winter, and even more awesome that a March snow quickly melts so i can get back into my flower beds.

I am ready to garden!  Got a few dozen plants under the lights in the basement (and NO they not what you're thinking :lol:)

If this was just 4" of snow I wouldn't even try to shovel the drive and walkway; just let the March sun do its work.  But man this is 80% sleet and it's getting really cold tonight and tomorrow.

Sky brightening in Germantown -- 32.

2 minutes ago, Herb@MAWS said:

Looks like the previously-referenced band between Lexington and Charlottesville is trying to expand toward the ENE ... if it can get east of the lower ridges and hold together for later on.  But it could be too far south for MBY.

Check out what's popping up between Hagerstown and Manassas.  That seems to have potential.

A little over 5" snow/sleet.  Once the sleet mixed around 3am that seemed to be the dominant precip type ever since.  At least I didn't get any freezing rain.  Temp was around 26 the entire night and early morning.  If this is all I get the rest of the day this will be a MEH storm to me.  Progged for 12+ which looked so promising for days in advance is lousy.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived