Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
March 13-14 Storm Nowcasting/Obs

nj2va

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ice is hanging off the trees in my yard so I'm surprised we haven't heard of more power outages yet. Roads haven't been cleared for hours, snow covered, and 3.25 inches on the ground (just went out for a measurement). Will see what the snow brings, if any more. Temp is plenty cold (29).

LOL to OPM and the late arrival. Bus route doesn't come near my house because of the emergency plans so I would have to walk a mile - and the roads are covered so no cars can really safely pass. Think I'm working from home.

9 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

I know it didn't live up to expectations but few ever do.  And it beats rain.   It a total fail in my book

I wouldn't necessarily call it a total fail; maybe a 70% fail. We were warned about the sleet component but it certainly did not live up to the hype.

I'm surprised to read the negative posts from some of you as I think this storm is playing out pretty much how most thought here on the board.  I mean, yeah, we all hoped we'd somehow miraculously get a pure snowstorm, but this is definitely a high impact event, and it's surprising to me that LWX downgraded to advisories for some.  Sleet is way worse than snow.

Anyway, I was just outside for a bit and it's downright nasty out there.  Doesn't feel anything like March.

Just now, Wonderdog said:

I wouldn't necessarily call it a total fail; maybe a 70% fail. We were warned about the sleet component but it certainly did not live up to the hype.

I meant to put a NOT in there.  My work closed too so it's all good from here.  I would like it snow for a bit though

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived