Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 13-14 Storm Nowcasting/Obs

nj2va

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

How come "the low" is always to far in the wrong direction. It's never to far in the right direction and we bust positive. This is the perfect ending to the worse winter in memory. Anyone see signs of warmth in the LR? I'm so ready for spring.

fyi i have seen 2 major busts in our local weather, blizzard of 66, forecast was forblue skies temps 25-28 got 2 ftof snow and1979 gulf storm progged for 4-8in we got 2 ft , again as storm blew up more than forecast, hope this helps

7 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Two spotter reports from HoCo are 3.3 and 3.5. I was eyeballing about 3", so we're all in line it seems. Might verify the WSW if we can get some fluff if/when it flips back to snow.

Just walked out in the backyard.  close to 3 inches of very, very wet, crusty stuff out there.  Temp dropping slightly so that's good. Going to be very wet playing with the kiddo in the snow later on.

3 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Hopefully good news for the norther portions of Baltimore and Carroll counties. After being at almost 100% sleet for the last hour we seem to be transition back to snow, probably close to a 50/50 now.

Good to know, hearing reports of 7" in Shrewbury and 6" in northern Hartford County. I didn't venture far but only measured 4-4.5" on my deck. Really would like a pure snow again. 

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Need the pivot to happen right when the next band comes over the metro. Right now I've got weak sauce. 

Yes we got fringed on the band that just shellacked DC... I have maybe 3.5" right now. I'm pretty sure we're mixing with snow because I don't think visibility can get this low with pure sleet.

4 minutes ago, mappy said:

Good to know, hearing reports of 7" in Shrewbury and 6" in northern Hartford County. I didn't venture far but only measured 4-4.5" on my deck. Really would like a pure snow again. 

And from my last post just 5 minutes ago we are now 100% snow. Very quick transition. Should be headed your way shortly I would imagine.

Edit: Was thinking you were in Westminster and you are actually in Parkton I think? So maybe a flip over for you with in the hour?

3 minutes ago, snjókoma said:

Yes we got fringed on the band that just shellacked DC... I have maybe 3.5" right now. I'm pretty sure we're mixing with snow because I don't think visibility can get this low with pure sleet.

Yeah, I can see a few flakes flying but you might be having better luck then me because my visibility is about perfect. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived