Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 13-14 Storm Nowcasting/Obs

nj2va

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Temp is down to 27.8F here in Clarksburg.  All snow still.  I'm at 1.7" so far.  So, I've accumulated the same snow in the last few hours that I had over the last 3.5 months of winter.

I'll stay up for another 15 minutes to see if that incoming band just to the south flips me to IP.

All snow to your south my man. Coming down pretty good. Just went for a little Jebwalk. Beautiful out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I'm at 25 here in top of dug hill ridge.  If we can stay all or 90% snow we might get some big totals up here. The qpf being thrown out right now is epic. 

I'm really worried were going to flip or at least mix a good deal and lose a good 2-4 hours what would be 1-2 inch rates.

Just now, Deck Pic said:

I think many of us - myself included - got sucked in by the super short terms that showed a later flip.  to NAM's credit, they showed flip at 4-5z for me...

Agreed. It felt like "there's a chance so..." lol. We almost always flip early to sleet when it's a guaranteed part of a storm. My yard will hold ZR longer than models show but rarely holds snow longer when there's sleet involved. I'm 100% sleet now. Hopefully it piles up when the bands rotate in. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived