Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 13-14 Storm Nowcasting/Obs

nj2va

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jebman said:

I went outside for a snowpack reading, and got a ton of sleet in the face and I thought there might have been some ZR as well.

I'm inside and usually hear pingers on my bedroom window, so I opened the back door and noticed mist without flakes.

Just now, Bob Chill said:

I need ground truth to confirm but I swear the sleet line is retreating southward the last 30 minutes. There's pockets of mixed sleet north of the line but the real transition looks to be moving away right now. 

I wouldn't be surprised.  Taking a look at radar I'm definitely seeing trends that HRRR picked up on, especially with the drier returns out west.

8 minutes ago, RockabilyJunior said:

In Downtown Baltimore. Holding tight at 30F. All snow here. Hoping it stays that way. The roads that were in the sun during the day took a while to give way. I have a feeling that the difference between inner harbor and even just 1 or 2 miles north is going to be enormous.

I am in Canton about 4 blocks from the waterfront. Everything is still looking great here. My street is fully covered at this point. Hoping to stay snow as long as possible

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I need ground truth to confirm but I swear the sleet line is retreating southward the last 30 minutes. There's pockets of mixed sleet north of the line but the real transition looks to be moving away right now. 

Under lighter returns and its sleet/snow here.  Hoping you're right though.  

5 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

All sleet in NW DC, however oddly someone from SE recently reported they went back to snow.. doesn't seem to follow any logic

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived