Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 13-14 Storm Nowcasting/Obs

nj2va

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing but pixie dust falling here.  31F, but the rates are such garbage that nothing can stick on the roads.  A full day of March sun torched the hard surfaces.  If the H3R is right, and current radar OBS says it is, we'll get so little out here that there will be no snow left on the ground by tomorrow afternoon.  Can't believe this is the payoff for a week spent model-watching.  Though it makes me want to kick puppies and kittens, I hope you guys in the cities cash in.

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

CC looks like the area of snow is actually pressing southward behind the sleet in the region now. I'm waiting for Jeb to post that he's getting raked with dendrites before I believe it. 

I'm back to primarily all snow... SE DC

3 minutes ago, mattb65 said:

Dumping snow in Wheaton/Kemp Mill area of silver spring, backyard thermometer says we are down to 29 and it's dumping. Measured ~1.5-1.7" on the back deck. Roads, side walks, grass are all completely covered.

Can confirm - I'min the same area and just went for a short walk. About 1.75 on top of car which was the first surface to begin accumulating. Roads and sidewalks caved less than an hour ago and already 1"+. PWS temp has been dropping steadily, now 30.7.

Thinking this could break our way here in Moco. Sleet line falls apart right as it approaches.

Just now, gymengineer said:

As the sleet line surged north into southern Montgomery County, it washed out on radar, and the result is that it's still all snow in North Bethesda. All road surfaces are covered now, including 355. 

4 minutes ago, BTRWx said:

I hate to say it, but I may actually have some zr.

I went outside for a snowpack reading, and got a ton of sleet in the face and I thought there might have been some ZR as well. Although I dont think the ZR will accrete, not at the rates it will be pounding us along with huge sleet balls as this storm really gets all jacked up as the night wears on.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived