Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 13-14 Storm Nowcasting/Obs

nj2va

8 minutes ago, bigjohndc said:

Could that brief line of sleet just be a lack of rates behind the death band on COD the returns decrease slightly (lighter greens) before picking up and going back to snow? #Weeniebutpossible

I'm hoping the western extent of sleet flips to snow as it moves

generally to the NE.  On DP radar, it seems to move north quickly but the western side is cooling down (hoping).

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Good lord man. It's not even done yet. Woah. 

DIs64v.jpg

You gotta be kiddin me! Now I have browns over my back yard. If that is all sleet, or some is sleet and some is the snow from the deform straight from Hell later Tuesday morning...........

I am trying to build a wall to hold the sleet line back, but I desperately need more snow blocks and more funding lol.

We have GOT to contain this sleet! It must NOT be allowed to reach NW DC!

My kids make fun of me, but Jebman and others like him are why I love this site. Just heard the first pings in N Arlington. Come on Jeb, hold it back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dumping snow in Wheaton/Kemp Mill area of silver spring, backyard thermometer says we are down to 29 and it's dumping. Measured ~1.5-1.7" on the back deck. Roads, side walks, grass are all completely covered.

Edit: Shortly after I posted, the distinct sound of pingers on the window started, still more snow than pingers. CC says it washes out soon, we'll see.

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

CC looks like the area of snow is actually pressing southward behind the sleet in the region now. I'm waiting for Jeb to post that he's getting raked with dendrites before I believe it. 

I would love to post that, but I am getting some sleet pellets, and they are piling up on the roads, which are getting treacherous as heck. It might go back to snow.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived