Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 13-14 Storm Nowcasting/Obs

nj2va

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jebman said:

This is getting very, VERY real right now! Some of these snowflakes are over an inch in diameter! The latest HRRR's may be trying to tell us something.

Who even needs a stinkin' floodlight any more! You can see this stuff in the dark! You can even HEAR em land! OMG!

LOL ok Jebman -- "glow in the dark snow"....haven't heard that one before. Congrats!

Moderate snow here, 1.5", roads giving in...

Yes. This band is big business. However I have noticed the snowflake size get smaller and harder so I think the transition is underway here. The woods behind my house are getting noisy. Must be some sleep working its way in. Either that or some more rimed flakes. Im west of Dale City. 

This is getting very, VERY real right now! Some of these snowflakes are over an inch in diameter! The latest HRRR's may be trying to tell us something.

Who even needs a stinkin' floodlight any more! You can see this stuff in the dark! You can even HEAR em land! OMG!

jeb can you please build a wall down there to prevent the warm nose from advancing. much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeb can you please build a wall down there to prevent the warm nose from advancing. much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me, the sleet line looks to be mixing down a bit and changing to snow as it approaches DC on radar... so it might mix a bit but might stay snow for a while longer. In SE DC and still ripping snow... no sleet. Roads in my neighborhood have been lost (they weren't salted)... sidewalks are also now gone.

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

I don't think that area of sleet is the official changeover. You can see it dying off with snow behind it. Whew! First warning shot missed the bow I think

That's what I was thinking and hoping as well... under weather attack but the enemy has missed us... for now

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived