Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 13-14 Storm Nowcasting/Obs

nj2va

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

How much sleet did you get in Feb 07? I'm wracking my brain but can't remember my yard. 3-4" seems to stand out but I'm not sure. This could top that unless I flip to rain. 

That's right for your back yard. 3-4" of sleet. But the big detail to remember is that that sleet was forecast to be ZR. We had an upgrade to an Ice Storm Warning late evening expecting a serious icing event. But it verified colder in the mid-levels and hence the "surprise" sleet-storm.

This is getting very, VERY real right now! Some of these snowflakes are over an inch in diameter! The latest HRRR's may be trying to tell us something.

Who even needs a stinkin' floodlight any more! You can see this stuff in the dark! You can even HEAR em land! OMG!

2 minutes ago, Jebman said:

The yellow band is a death band. I know because I am under it. Its not sleet. Its HEAVY SNOW, HUGE WET DENDRITES. They are piling up like you wouldnt believe! I have over an inch and a half! EVERYTHING IS WHITE! Roads are snow covered and slippery!

Ripping SN Jeb...20 miles to your NW...if your good I'm good.  For now...but my time is coming to an end...please hold off the pingers sir

Just now, BristowWx said:

Ripping SN Jeb...20 miles to your NW...if your good I'm good.  For now...but my time is coming to an end...please hold off the pingers sir

I'll do my best, I'll even take all your sleet, and leave you with 3 inch per hour snow all night if you like.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived