Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 13-14 Storm Nowcasting/Obs

nj2va

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, NovaTarHeel said:

33/16.  Highly, highly doubt we reach the forecasted high of 43, but I don't think surface temps really matter with this storm.  It's all about those upper levels. 

34/13.  Forecasted high of 44.  I'd argue that surface temps could have the impact of changing rain to sleet, which then changes the amount that actually accumulates in a non-trivial way.

3 minutes ago, TERPhD said:

34/13.  Forecasted high of 44.  I'd argue that surface temps could have the impact of changing rain to sleet, which then changes the amount that actually accumulates in a non-trivial way.

What station are you using? I live in Hyattsville but work on campus (hi neighbor). I get 34/16 on the UMD station on weatherbug.

20 minutes ago, Paleocene said:

What station are you using? I live in Hyattsville but work on campus (hi neighbor). I get 34/16 on the UMD station on weatherbug.

35/17 now.  Accuweather's College Park reading.  Clouds are beginning to build.  I'm also on campus most of the week.

Just now, H2O said:

Fx Co schools just cancelled evening activities for tonight.  Hi mattieG!!!!

That's probably a good indication on where they are learning for tomorrow as well. Most school systems around here haven't used any days (except Southern Maryland I suppose). 

When I drove into the office a little while ago it was still plenty chilly. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived