• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Rtd208

March 13-14, The Blizzard of 2017: Obs

11 minutes ago, shadowsintherain said:

A band has been pummeling Copiague Long Island for a while now. 28°. Quite fun to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hasn't moved in 90 mins 

20170314_032102.jpg

Screenshot_20170314-031757.png

2 minutes ago, nzucker said:

Major subsidence in NNJ where models printed out jackpot totals.

Im in that subsidence still got .9" in the last hour up to 2.4" in berkley heights radar is filling in nicely

Will be very interesting to see where axis of heaviest band begins to set up over the next 2-4 hours. Those 30"+ outputs on some of the most recent models is pretty crazy. I will keep expectations tempered some and expect 20ish inches but realize that 30" is a very realistic possibility. Can't measure till is actually on the ground. Enjoy!

Really picking up here in berkley heights 27  Radar is just about to get us in the real action  Even under the light returns I've picked up nearly 1" last hour  Going to be fun to see how this plays out

11 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

About an inch an hour on the UWS right now. That band over nassua may be the saving grace. Looks like a 2"+ band already 

Sup

Screenshot_20170314-040012.png

5 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

For the win? !!! What type of rates are you getting out of that? We are over an inch an hour on the UWS with way worse radar presentation 

Eyeballing 3" 

2 minutes ago, Morris said:

Mix line RACING north on KDIX radar. Looks like the NAM might be right.

The NAM hadid nada for me.   I have over 3"

1 minute ago, Morris said:

Mix line RACING north on KDIX radar. Looks like the NAM might be right.

Was just looking at that, lets see how it plays out. Right now heavy snow in Fords (Woodbridge Twp), estimating around 3.0" of accumulation.