Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 13-14, The Blizzard of 2017: Obs

Rtd208

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, allgame830 said:

So pretty much all of NYC will change back over the snow once the LP tracks NE... looks like the low is further offshore than the models depicted?

I think even if NYC changes back over, there may not be much precipitation left.  Dry slotting in central Jersey and you can see the intensity of the precip dying down in the metro.

Offshore buoys all gusting near or above 50 knots, wind backing at 44066, pressure falls on the order of 13 mb per 3h.

The center now appears to be about 986 mb located 100 nm e.s.e. ACY tracking northeast, should pass close to 44066 at about 15z. 

Link is here for this and other nearby buoys south of Long Island and east of the Hudson.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=44066

(Long Island buoy south of Islip)

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=44025

Even if the city dry slots soon, I hope the snow/sleet on the ground can survive the March sun angle and potential bump in afternoon temperatures if not precip falling. With tonights cold, this sleet on top snow should freeze into a solid block of ice, if it can. And you won't even be able to plow it off at that point.

1 minute ago, real said:

Even if the city dry slots soon, I hope the snow/sleet on the ground can survive the March sun angle and potential bump in afternoon temperatures. With tonights cold, this sleet on top snow should freeze into a solid block of ice, if it can. 

Yes but it will melt out from underneath, the lower layers are all slush and the ground is warm.

Archived