Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 13-14, The Blizzard of 2017: Obs

Rtd208

3 minutes ago, nzucker said:

That's actually an incredibly heavy band…I'm right in it in southern Westchester. We've been sowing 2-3"/hr for a while. I'm all snow, and I'd guess I have close to 10". Getting absolutely crushed here.

Wow, you sound like you're in the Poconos haha.  Are you serious- 10"? Maybe some of that made it into the Bronx.....

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, real said:

Oh well.  Sad to think just 24 hours ago the only debate was whether to use 10:1 or 15:1 ratios due to expected winds.  Regardless, this wind-driven sleet storm is so intense I don't think the public will view this as a true bust. It's clearly a big, nasty storm.  There won't be the same recriminations as there were in January 2015 or March 2001.  At least, there was a storm and dangerous travel conditions. 

This storm reminds me a lot of Valentine's Day 2007, I hear a lot of the main roads in PA are shut down just like they were back then, PennDOT's handling of that storm was a travesty, as highways turned into parking lots.  And Burlington VT is under a blizzard warning for the first time since that storm.

2 minutes ago, Paragon said:

Wow, you sound like you're in the Poconos haha.  Are you serious- 10"? Maybe some of that made it into the Bronx.....

I had 6.5" before the initial changeover, and then it started snowing 2-3"/hr since we got rid of the sleet. It's too bad there was a secondary warm push, that's really going to cut down on totals.

Just now, nzucker said:

I had 6.5" before the initial changeover, and then it started snowing 2-3"/hr since we got rid of the sleet. It's too bad there was a secondary warm push, that's really going to cut down on totals.

So you went from heavy snow, to sleet, and then back to heavy snow, and now back to sleet?

8 minutes ago, real said:

Oh well.  Sad to think just 24 hours ago the only debate was whether to use 10:1 or 15:1 ratios due to expected winds.  Regardless, this wind-driven sleet storm is so intense I don't think the public will view this as a true bust. It's clearly a big, nasty storm.  There won't be the same recriminations as there were in January 2015 or March 2001.  At least, there was a storm and dangerous travel conditions. 

Oh its dangerous out. It physically hurts.

1 minute ago, snywx said:

Yes... w/ the 11" currently otg im at 62" 

lol for a sec I thought you said you had 62" on the ground!

When I got here to PA last night, there was like 7" on the ground already- presumably from the Friday system.  Lots of drifts too.  A completely different world.

Archived